God's Word for Today

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Project 365 ~ Week 26

Hey there! I can’t believe it actual have a picture every day this week. It’s a miracle! So let’s get at it shall we!

Sunday, June 19

Last week  I told you all about the DD being gone with the youth choir. Well they came home and Sunday was their Homecoming Concert at church! They did so good y’all! The DD is almost hidden from view, but she is tucked in on the second row on the left. They did several songs but this one has always been one of my favorites. Technically not a picture but I just wanted to share this song with y’all!

Monday, June 20

Ask and you shall receive. I was contemplating add a few more classic novels to my reading list and I was at the Goodwill and I hit the jackpot . Two Charles Dickens novels plus Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet. I recently saw the mini series and I have been wanting to read the book….

IMG_7189

Tuesday, June 21

I finished another Prayer Shawl on Tuesday morning.

 IMG_7196

Then Skoots1mom and I came back to my house and we made sushi for lunch!

IMG_7213

Wednesday, June 22

The green beans were ready to pick.

IMG_7228

Thursday, June 23

The Crepe Myrtles are blooming in the back yard!

IMG_7233

My corn is nearly as tall as me!

IMG_7231

Friday, June 24

From my back yard garden to my table, fresh green beans, fresh cucumber’s sliced up and marinated just like grandma used to do and a sliced tomato. It just doesn't get any better than this!

IMG_7243

Saturday, June 25

Well after our traumatic Kill the Wabbit episode on Saturday morning it was necessary to hold a small rabbit funeral. We opted to intern our small casualty in the front yard to insure that it in fact remained buried. Clearly the DD is holding in her grief over this tragic loss. She is the picture of compassion don’t y’all think!

IMG_7277IMG_7278

Well that’s it for me this week. For more P365 y’all head over to Sara’s and link up!

Blessings

R

7 comments:

LuAnn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LuAnn said...

Your veggies look delish - our garden is not quite that far.
Great week.

The Cyber Hermit said...

I'm all into the food pictures this week :). That sushi looked amazing and I love the combo of tomatoes and cucumbers. Just pack some up and send 'em my way, okay? :)

Kathleen said...

Oh no! Now I'm hungry. My luck, too; there's not a piece of chicken anywhere near. Oh well, guess I'll have to whip up some cornbread anyway.

Love the pictures!

The Bug said...

I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen white crepe myrtles - maybe in Raleigh when we lived there. Around my dad's place it's all pink.

I love how solemn your husband looks with the shovel with the DD smiling beside him. Classic :)

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Loved the garden shots. I love fresh veggies. I did several myself this week but of a friends garden. The sushi looked to die for. Yummy week you had.

Cathy said...

Your veggies look so good. Hope mine will grow that well. That prayer shawl is beautiful and your daughter's smiling face cracked me up when you told us what's going on. Too funny.

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter