God's Word for Today

Friday, September 4, 2015

Beach Vacay Day Five ~ On the way home...

I was mentally kicking and screaming as the sun came up on our last day.


As condo's go, I have to share that being the spoiled woman that I am I found several deficits in my surroundings.

Don't get me wrong, I loved our time at the beach, the place where I rest my head is a secondary issue. It was completely adequate, however, compared to some of the other places we have rested our head this was a bit lacking. The back deck, the furniture was very old and kinda dirty, so sitting outside was not an option. Enjoying my morning coffee as the sun came up was not something I wanted to do on rickety dirty plastic lawn furniture. The grill was a fire hazard, there was a dead tree right outside our back porch so it was a bit of an eyesore.

The condo was also a townhome, that meant stairs leading up to the main living area and then stairs leading up to the bedrooms. The trips up and down the stairs were not the most conducive to the arthritis in my hips and knees. I managed to contain the trips up and down to a minimum so it did not adversely affect my pain level to much.

We had a minimal view of the morning sunrise, but mostly we slept in.

I am a HUGE tightwad, but I thought that the price per night was a bit high given the distance we were from the beach. The fact that we did not have an ocean view was a bummer. The distance to the beach from our condo was a bit more than I would have liked but we managed. The Hubs would drive me down to the clubhouse and we would unload all our stuff, then he would drive back to the condo and then walk back down to the beach, casue there was no parking at the clubhouse.

The complex had a few maintenances issues. I thought the whole place could have benefited from a coat of paint. I'm guessing that the complex was about 20 plus years old, so it was getting to be just a bit past it's prime.The condo had no beach chairs, beach towels or umbrella. Also with the condo being a bit of a stroll from the beach a lot of folks had small wagons they used to carry all their stuff down to the beach. So as convenience goes this condo did not meet my expectations. We had to bring all that stuff with us and that was a lot of stuff to pack! Live and learn, I will know what to ask next time and what to look for when I am doing my pre-vacay research.

But then we didn't come to hang out at the complex!

The beauty of the beach and the time we spent there made up for the deficits in our housing.

I was also a bit disappointed in the appointments in the kitchen. Let's just say that the owners of the condo did a bit of embellishment as they described how well appointed the kitchen actually was.

There was a semi sharp knife, plates, cups and a few other odds and ends. I made due and we did not starve.

But "Well appointed kitchen..." that would be a BIG NO!

The coffee maker worked so everything else was gravy....



I look traumatized by the condo deficits don't I....NOT!



I was able to read a book from start to finish, I can't remember the last time I did that. I signed the inside page and left it in the condo for someone else to enjoy.


This was the path we took for our evening stroll each night. The complex had a myriad of boardwalks weaving in and out that all lead to the beach, so it was not a difficult walk.



After breakfast, and after packing all our stuff in the car we tortured ourselves with one more trip down to the beach to say goodbye.

My theory, the beach is always the most beautiful on the day you have to leave!




Here is the comic relief! Clearly the Hubs is not grasping the concept of the selfie...

  

Me, on the other hand...NAILED IT!


Now that I know about the really cool animation function I had a little fun with it...





Saying goodbye to the beach...


I guess it wouldn't be a road tip without a few traffic jams.


Me quietly enduring the Hubs as he maneuvered the SLOW TRAFFIC...IT WASN'T PRETTY Y'ALL!



At last, feet propped and safely at home and longing to be back at the beach.



Well that was our Beach Vacay 2015

Y'all I wanna go back....RIGHT NOW!

Blessings
R

No comments:

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter