God's Word for Today

Friday, October 16, 2009

Recovery from vacation…

How can you tell when you are on vacation?

When you leave your room wonderful people come in and clean it up for you.

Your bed get’s made up everyday.

You get as many pillows as you want.

You have clean folded towels waiting for you by your bathroom sink and tiny bottles of shampoo and hand lotion.

Dirty towels left on the bathroom floor get picked up and washed and replaced with soft white thick clean towels everyday!

People bring you your food and then clear the dishes away when you are finished!

The coffee is waiting on me!

How can you tell when you are no longer on vacation?

My bed did not get made up today, I had to plunge a toilet, prepare food, there are still three loads of dirty laundry in the hallway and I spent over two hour’s yesterday at the grocery store restocking the pantry.

Vacations are a really good thing.

However there are two distinct categories for vacations. There is the go and do vacation and then there is the go and do nothing vacation.

Don’t get me wrong, I love a good go and do vacation but for my hard earned money nothing beats a Caribbean beach, all inclusive resort, beach umbrella and a waiter with a tray of frozen margarita heading my way, and as I said in my last Random Dozen post, I am the happiest girl in the world when I find myself in those particular circumstances.

This vacation was defiantly a go and do vacation for us. There was so much to see and so much to do that there was no way to actually go and do all that we wanted to.

We returned home very tired but feeling successful in the fact that we took full advantage of our time in Napa Valley and San Francisco. I took over 500 pictures and video clips, so I have lost to share with all of you. Don’t panic I promise to spare you a long and drawn out slid show. I will try to restrain myself!

We saw some awesome sights, ate some amazing food, saw some interesting/weird people and had a wonderful time doing it!

Over the next few days I will be posting on our daily activities as well as the sights we saw.

Vacations are a good thing, but I will say it was nice to settle into my own unmade bed.

It is good to be home!

I will say I think my feet need a go and do nothing vacation to recover.

Shalom

Robin

2 comments:

Thena said...

There's nothing like our own bed, is there? I love vacations too, but sleep seems so much better at home.

Nel said...

I know what you mean about your bed. We were on the road for a month and it was so nice to get back to my own bed. Can't wait to see pictures of your adventures. Glad you had a wonderful time!

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter