Well I’m back from vacation and wow did we have a great time. Keep your eyes on your blogroll for future posts about what we did and what we saw in Napa Valley and San Francisco.
For today I am joining in with Linda for her weekly Random Dozen!
1. I've always wondered why we were taught both printing and cursive. Do you prefer to print or write cursive? (Keyboard is not a choice.)
50/50. I sometimes switch mid sentence between cursive and printing. For me there is a definite connecting between my handwriting and my emotional mood. If I am agitated or angry then my handwriting will reflect it with larger iritic printing but if I am peacefully journaling how great God is then my script will flow in a beautiful calm and peaceful way.
2. Are you a dreamer or a realist?
Probably more of a realist! Love having those mental interludes in my mind but then reality hits…living in the real world well it all about being real isn’t it.
3. Billy Joel or Elton John?
Billy Joel, hands down. Have several of CD’s on my MP3 player right now. But I did go to a Billy Joel/Elton John Concert several years ago.
4. What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? Not just horror flicks but also ones where the tension or suspense is killer, for example, Flightplan (2005): A bereaved woman and her daughter are flying home from Berlin to America. At 30,000 feet the child vanishes and nobody admits she was ever on that plan.
I have learned my lesson with scary/graphic movies. I saw the Exorisist when I was a teenager and it gave me nightmares for weeks. In my adult years the most difficult movie to get out of my head was “Seven”, a movie with Brad Pit. It was a thriller/serial killer kind of movie. The images in that movie were so graphic and perverse that it totally disturbed my inner peaces for weeks after seeing that movie. In fact I was so disturbed by the visual images of that move that it really made an impact on me to re-think some things. I no longer intentionally expose myself to movies that carry that have those dark intense images or subject matter! It just takes to long to get the images out of my head!
5. Now what is the scariest real-life moment you've had?
The birth of my granddaughter. I was in the delivery room with my son during the birth. There were some very significant complications that erupted, we went from being very excited over her birth to being terrified for her life. It makes my eyes well up with fear and emotion even to type. Praise Jesus she is perfect and precious now!
6. What word do you misspell without fail?
befor = before
mornig = morning
7. Name something you like to do but are not really talented or good at?
Sing…when I get to heaven I will get my singing voice. Until then everyone else has to suffer who is with in earshot!!!!
8. Do you get your emotional/mental batteries recharged by being around people or by having alone time?
Being alone. Give me a book, a lounge chair, a beach umbrella, an umbrella drink, a good book and a giant DO NOT DISTURB sign and I am the happiest girl in the world!!!!!!!!!
9. Have you ever been on TV?
10. Apple or pumpkin pie? (Don't be greedy.)
Apple! I make an apple pie with lattice crust topped with a crumble topping that is just toooo good, and it looks really good too!
11. How many magazine subscriptions do you have?
None! Although I am currently enjoying a gift subscription of Everyday with Rachel Ray for Skoots1mom. If memory serves she also gave me my last subscription as well!!
12. What lesson do you have to keep re-learning?
A healthy lifestyle starts with me! More is not always better, especially when our talking about french fries and chocolate.
Well that’s it for this week. I am collecting my thoughts and pictures I have ton’s to share about our recent trip!!!!!