Nay! But if I had to pick one it would be #9.
2. What is your favorite pizza?
Love the Spinach Alfreado pizza!!!!!
3. There are plans in the works to sell roughly 1,000 items from Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas. This means you could buy Picard's chair for your family room. If not a Star Trek item, what prop, background, set, etc. from what TV or movie would you buy if you could?
[Ex: Hurley's "I Love my Shih tzu" shirt from LOST, the plantation home "Tara" from Gone With the Wind, or Tracy's tambourine from the Partridge Family.]
Huge Star Trek fan here! So this is a really hard question to answer. I don't think I could pick just one thing.
- Captain Picard's communicator, I love it when they reach up and give it a tap and then just start talking.
- Spock give Admiral Kirk and antique copy of "Tale of Two Cities" in Wrath of Kahn, that would be cool!
- Some of my favorite episode revolve around "Q" so any "Q'"memorabilia would be neat!
- Love, Love, Love Commander Date. He is my all time favorite!
I wonder how much they would sell that head he's holding????? Drat! If there were two of them I could make bookends!
4. Name a local food or restaurant that your area is famous for.
Down south any restaurant that serves a good tall glass of sweet tea, homemade buttermilk biscuits, fried chicken, fried green tomatoes, green's, corn bread, stewed tomatoes, black eyed peas, macaroni & cheese and banana pudding is a hit. We have one with in walking distance from our house called The Harvest Table. If you are in the mood for comfort food then this is where you want to go, and with it being so close it might not be a bad idea for us to start walking there instead of driving, it would help balance out all that fried food, well maybe a little but anyway!
The Harvest Table
The Dillard House is a bit of a drive but the food is wonderful and very down home Southern.
The Blue Willow Inn is also famous for it's southern cuisine.
Then there is the Holy Grail of Southern Goodness which is a good bit further but well worth the trip. The Lady & Son's in Savannah.
I think I may have gained three pound just thinking about all this wonderful food!
5. What is your current favorite snack?
I wish it was this...
but sadly these are at the top of my list theses days. These potato chips are super crunchy and have just the right amount of heat. They are delicious!!!!!!
6. Hypothetical: You are required to be a reality show contestant. Which show would you choose based on your probability of success? (You cannot choose "none.")
A. Dancing with the Stars
B. Biggest Loser
My first choice would be DWTS, but in all likely hood I would probably break my neck trying. And can I say that I don't think anyone want to see my big old hind end covered with sequins shaking around a dance floor. In reality what I need most is Biggest Looser, but I don't think I could willingly put myself thought the public humiliation. Lastly I would never do Survivor. I am soooooo not calculating and I totally lack the killer instinct. I would be the one who would want to stop what I was doing and go back and help all the other folks who were having a hard time. However I have never watched Biggest Looser or Survivor so I have no real frame of reference. All I know about these two show is what I see on commercials or from reading the various blog of folks who follow these shows.
7. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being uninhabitable and 10 being cleanliness that meets the standards of OCD, how clean is your vehicle's interior?
Probably a 7, and this is only because I have a borderline OCD husband who religiously washes both cars and cleans the interior almost every other weekend.
8. It doesn't feel like Spring until...well since spring is possible my favorite season it begins to feel like spring for me when I see the very first tiny green shoots poking up through the ground. But then once everything get established there is nothing better than taking a walk in the warm sunshine surround by blooming dogwood trees, blossoming azaleas, iris swaying in the breeze, forsythias bursting with yellow-ness, creeping phlox, Bradford pear trees, and on and on and on and on...y'all it just doesn't get any better that this.
9. Something that made you laugh really hard recently is ___.
Y'all, I tried to tell my accountability sister about this and again got so overtaken with laughter that I had to let skoots1mom finish telling the story because I was laughing so much! After I stopped rolling with laughter I then became very worried
again for our country. Sadly this man is an elected official from my own home state thankfully not from my district.
10. Tell me about a goal you're working toward.
World Peace, Reducing my Carbon Footprint, getting a degree in Theoretical Physics...but for now we are working on reducing our miscellaneous spending and increasing our savings, trying to eat more fresh veggies and increase our physical activity level.
11. Share a thought-provoking or inspiring quote this week.
I saw this on Facebook and then again on a blog, it kinda sums up where I am in life. I don't know who wrote it but whoever did deserves a gold star!
"With time, women gain weight because we accumulate so much information and wisdom in our heads that when there is no more room, it distributes out to the rest of our bodies. So we aren't heavy, we are enormously cultured, educated and happy. Beginning today, when I look at my butt in the mirror I will think, Good grief, look how smart I am!"
12. Name one thing that you do as a parent that you absolutely know will make your kids happy. If you're not a parent, feel free to substitute "friend" or nomenclature that works for you.
First nomenclature, really!
For those of us who are not vocabulary savants (we really do love you Linda and we count on you for words like nomenclature) here is the definition: a system of names assigned to objects or items in a particular science or art or the assigning of names to organisms in a scientific classification system, wheuh!... I think maybe I once knew the definition of nomenclature but due to the fact that there is so much wisdom in my head that has now fallen down to my butt I am sure that is the reason that I forgot what it meant, so with that now being clarified we can return to our normally scheduled randomness!
But I digress, and yes I did have to re-read the question to remember exactly what question I was answering! Question #12 right?
While my goal as a mother is not necessarily to make my children happy, insuring their safety, well-being and encouraging there inner spiritual growth are all very important to me, sometime saying no is the best albeit hardest answer!
However there are many thing that when I do them will bring about the desire result of happiness!
- Keeping the pantry stocked with chocolate chips. (Edit: For those of you just reading this my ever faithful friend skoots1mom pointed out to me the keeping my panties stocked with chocolate was a "BRILLIANT" Idea, I have now officially corrected my spelling error and now my panties are no longer stocked with chocolate and my pantry is!)
- Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits (my son's particular favorite)
- The phrase "Let's go out to eat!"
- Making sure there is always Chocolate Frozen Yogurt in the freezer.
- Saying "YES!" when asked to babysit!
- The phrase "Let's go to the DQ!" and "Yes, I'll pay for that!"
- Buying real Coke instead of the store brand soda, or just buying soda (which I hardly ever do unless there is a really good sale going on or I have coupon.)
Well that it for me!
I am not sure what is going on with Live Writer but I can not get my hyperlink to work. So for more Random Dozen head over to http://2nd-cup-of-coffee.blogspot.com/ for more Random-ness!