God's Word for Today

Friday, July 17, 2015

Something to ponder on this morning. ..

From my Joyce Meyer Devo this morning.

"If you are born again, then Jesus is dwelling in you through the power of the Holy Spirit. But is God comfortable in you, and does He feel at home there within you? It took me a long time to understand that God lives in me along with all the other stuff that’s going on in my inner life. Because many Christians are not willing to submit to the inner promptings of the Holy Spirit, they are not full of peace. Their inner lives are constantly in turmoil. If we want to be a comfortable home for the Lord, let’s learn to dwell in peace and joy, trusting Him to take care of us."

This really impacted me this morning.

I think, after recovering from the whirl of activity, house cleaning, menu planning surrounding our recent dinner guest, this connected with me in a big way. The bottom line all the hard work we did was to ensure that our guest was comfortable in our home.

The notion that my inner junk make my temple a place of turmoil, and that in turn make my dwelling place for God unhospitable...ah moment!

Food for thought this morning.

Blessings
R

#repairmytemple

No comments:

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter