God's Word for Today

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Mommy Treasures

I was checking my FB page this morning and I spent a short few minutes watching a video that had been posted by one of my oldest and dearest friends. She has a new grandbaby and they were bringing in the big sister for the big moment of meeting her new little brother. It was such a precious moment watching her little face as she got her first glimpse of her new baby brother.

I love the way the mind works. One thing sparks another and then this wonderful memory played before me in my mind. I ran to the shelf with all my photograph albums on it and began pulling them out until I found the exact one I was looking for.

I remember watching him walk in the room. We got him settled in the chair and carefully laid his little sister in is arms and he leaned his head in and whispered in her ear “I’m your big brother and I love you!”

IMG_0001

IMG_0002

IMG_0003

Blessings

R

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh, wow! What a precious memory. That's amazing. I love those photos, too!

Marcel didn't get that moment to introduce himself as the big brother until Luka was 5 months old. Marcel was living with his mom in Lousiana, and couldn't get up north for awhile. But he held him super gently and just cooed at him. It was worth the wait!

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter