God's Word for Today

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Oh Woe is me…

Y’all my husband has been out of town on business for what seems like forever and it will be another two weeks or more before he is back home. I will admit to enjoying my time off in the kitchen when he is away on business trips but after a while when an extended business trip comes up my “Missing Him” quotient is running high right now. 

Also, my hormones are kicking my butt rhetorically speaking that is, but sometimes the emotional overload that they bring with it at times feel like a physical beating.

My plate is not nearly as full as some, many of my friends are all dealing with the expectation of graduations and weddings. I am attending the wedding of one of my oldest and dearest friendsthis evening. Her oldest daughter is getting married today. She has been hanging on by a thread for the past few months with the wedding frenzy. I know she will be glad to have the girl married and off on her own. She will miss her terribly as she is moving to California after the wedding. WOW can’t imagine that!  But I know from the many harried conversations I have had with her over the last few months that the peace and quiet will be well appreciated come tomorrow morning!

On a slightly less important note, the dress that I agonized over is in fact going back to the store. After getting it home and trying it on I decided that I did not love it enough to actually keep. Also being the frugal girl that I have grown to be, for what I paid for the dress, it needs to be a “LOVE IT!” kind of dress and it’s not! I did find something appropriate hiding back in the dept of my closet. In hindsight I could have save myself the pain of a trip to the mall.

Hormones, plus a pending trip back to the mall to return the dress, plus my laptop that is now doing double duty as a large gray paper weight, it seem that life is full of small trivial unimportant details that all need to get done. I had to take the recycling to the curb AND mow the lawn, both of which usually fall under the job description of the hubs. Yes I know life is hard. And I have to put on panty hose, make up, shave my legs and wear heels this evening to the wedding . The things I do for those that I love!

Lastly with my laptop/paper weight being out of commission there is a musical chairs type game that happens every evening surrounding the desk top. She gets up and I sit down. I get up and she sits down. A choirs of “Hey! I wasn't done with that!” or “I was right in the middle of a Justin Beiber video Mom!” ring out on a regular basis! My goal is to try to see if it is even worth fixing next week. My gut tells me we will be playing this game for some time to come!

Another thought I have been pondering over the last few weeks. It seems that I  have run out of original thoughts. My brain can no longer function without the help of a Random Dozen, Thankful Thursday, Flashback Friday, Friday Fav Five, Friday Fill-In’s and Project 365 prompts.

You mean that I need to actually come up with an original post all on my own without the aid of a compelling and completely random question, a trip down memory lane, fill in the blank or a picture a day! How am I supposed to cope with placing words down on a post without the aid of these wonderful tools?

How am I supposed to vie for time at the keyboard, maybe I should institute an arm wrestling policy or a who’s butt is bigger contest, I’d win every time in that respect.

Well my kitchen is a mess, there is laundry in both the hallway and the bathroom floor, the dishwasher needs to be emptied, the floors need to be swept, there is a pile of junk mail a mile high next to my computer, we are out of toothpaste, I count two empty laundry baskets that I asked the DD to put away two days ago still in the living room floor plus her book bag and violin case, a wet raw hide left by the dog as well as a shredded napkin that he got a hold of. She’ll be picking these up momentarily, as soon as I hit the publish button. My kitchen island looks like a table at a yard sale that has been picked over by a horde of locust. Thankfully the coffee and toilet paper are still holding out, but I will have to make a run to the grocery store as the DD still thinks it is unacceptable to have cereal for dinner.

Oh Woe is me…..

4 comments:

Terri Tiffany said...

LOL I'll trade you! I understand about missing the husband. I missed mine terribly when I was in Seattle for the week. But when I am home, I see little of him anyways! He's gone all day and I don't even have a cool wedding to attend tonight!! Go have FUN!!

Skoots1moM said...

hope the wedding was grand...

my new url is
http://skootsonemom.blogspot.com

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Enjoyed my stop.....A sleepless night so doing a little blog hopping....

I have a Disney Giveaway on my main blog...Hope you will stop by.

http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

Kim said...

I can so empathize! My blogging blahs have gone on for WEEKS now. I can't seem to get over this slump. Pretty sure a large part of it is just plain hormonal and I cannot wait to get through this season of life! LOL At the same time, I really miss blogging. Just can't seem to do much about it. *sigh* Hang in there, Robin, there's GOT to be light at the end of the tunnel!

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter