God's Word for Today

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Project 365 ~ Week 22

Well it is safe to say that life is now back to normal. The bloom of vacation has now faded and things are back to the regular same old same old. It was a relatively normal week around the Be Still and Know household, aside from a few Graduation Open House celebrations we attended and the last day of school for which the DD was very thankful for things have been very quiet.    

Sunday, May 22

In lieu of the lengthy vacation we had just come off of we opted to spend our anniversary in a very low key kind of way. We did however through caution to the wind and the DD took her first go behind the wheel and actually drove on the street for the very first time. She manned the wheel all the way to church and then navigated us all safely back home again.

IMG_7049

Monday, May 23

I had to renew my member ship to Sam’s today and I loaded up on all my staple items.

IMG_7052

Tuesday, May 24

One way I can tell the economy is making a slow recovery is that these have started showing up in the mail again…DRAT! It was nice while it lasted but now I am receiving at least a dozen or more of these a week. And I’m supposed to be on the opt out list….I love the headline at the top.

No Worries….that’s all you have to do is rack up a heft balance and you will not have any more worries at all….NOT!

IMG_7053

Wednesday, May 25

My son and his family came for super tonight. We were celebrating my oldest’ birthday a few days early as he may have to work on his actual birthday. Muffinhead had a good time playing in the back yard!

IMG_7071

Thursday, May 26

The back yard is really starting to fill out in a really nice way. I brought this Hasta over from my old garden and finally after a few years it is starting to recover from the trauma of begin moved. It also has a bit of shad now so it is doing much better in the spot where it is planted. I just love the soft green color and the veining in the leaves don’t y’all?

IMG_7086

Friday, May 27

Here is a shot of the landscape. It is still very defiantly a work in progress but it is so much better than it was when we first moved in! The daylilies and Stella’s are in full bloom!

IMG_7087

Well I missed my last day so no picture on Saturday, May 28.

Well that's it for me this week.

For more Project 365 y’all head over to Sara’s and ling up and join in on the fun!

Blessings and I’ll pop over to see all your picture later this afternoon or Monday morning.

R

14 comments:

LuAnn said...

I love Sam's - you can never leave with just one thing that is for sure.

Have a great week.

sara said...

That picture of your daughter just gave me heart palpitations!!! Because two, yes TWO, of my children hit the gas instead of the break coming into the garage and took out the wall!!!!

Reminds me I need to go to Sam's this week!!!

McCrakensx4 said...

Oh we are a Sam's shopping family...love that place! Love your backyard...reminds me of home with all that green, so pretty. Hope you have a great week

Kathleen said...

I love that you meander through your days with camera in hand! I couldn't help but think how precious are these ... the simple pleasures of life.

Blessings,
Kathleen

Rebecca Jo said...

Those first times behind the wheel are always so nerve wrecking.

I LOVE Sam's Club... you just made me want to go venture in there. I can never come out spending less then $100.00 though!

Amy said...

the hasta plant is beautiful! that green is one of my favorite colors!!
the picture of your daughter is cute. she looks like she's bracing her arms for something...hopefully not impact. ;-)

Emily said...

Your backyard looks wonderful! :)

Skoots1moM said...

great shots...love the backyard especially ;)

Kim said...

Muffinhead is getting so big!
I love hostas too, and am wondering how we might get some for our yard in Argentina. Unfortunately we can't take plants back. But we'll figure something out!
Your yard and garden are looking so lovely!!! Your hard work is paying off!

The Bug said...

Your back yard is looking great - a nice refuge for Muffinhead.

We can't go to Sam's - we don't have the storage OR the sense to get what we really need. Best just to leave it alone :)

Glad you guys survived your daughter's inaugural driving outing.

RaD said...

The back yard is looking good! We shop at Sam's Club a lot too. Your granddaughter is cute, as usual!

Mimi said...

My Sam's membership has lapsed & I haven't gotten it renewed yet. It's a pain!

Your garden looks great.

Mimi

Mary said...

I'm jealous of your garden...you have mulch!

Lori said...

backyard looks great!

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter