God's Word for Today

Friday, April 11, 2008

A Glimps of Heaven





First I need to thank all of you who posted encouraging comments on my previous post. I can report that for the moment things are better. Life with a rebellious child has some very profound downs that can be very painful to endure. I am very thankful that I have faithful sisters who hold me up when my strength wanes.


I am also more grateful than I can verbalize for our amazing Heavenly Father.


You see, we went to Callaway Gardens yesterday.


There were moments when the vistas before my eyes were almost too beautiful to comprehend. It was like being in heaven or receiving a very small glimpse of what it will be like.


It was breath taking. I so needed to be filled up with God and His creation. Step by step along each path there was a new sight to see.


At the end of our day we closed out visit at the butterfly house. It was full of people, but even with the crowds as I walked through the small enclosure with the butterflies darting around it was such a blissful experience. I felt the tears of joy welling up within me for how amazing this small moment was.



I had been so sad the day before and now I was surrounded by all the wonders of God’s creation. Who but God could have crafted such a beautiful spot and placed me in it at the perfect time.


Is God cool or what!

3 comments:

Skoots1moM said...

I'm so excited u were refreshed by His creation...you were appreciating the basic blessings he showers on us every day. So simple yet so complex.

Dear Sis, his rejuvenatgion is like NO OTHER!

You made me smile as I read your words...

SK : )
Deuteronomy 32:2
Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew, like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.

Nancy said...

God is awesome! I love it that the God of all creation, in His power and sovereignty, loves us and wants to comfort us in our pain - and that He'll use a tiny butterfly to whisper that to us. I'm so glad you had such a great day.

Paula V said...

I stumbled across your blog via Broken Vessels that I vist on ocassion. Your pictures are absolutely gorgeous...breathtaking. I love the beauty God has created in nature and we are about to see the earth bloom in His fabulous beauty and color. I love the blooms of my cherry tree, pear tree, forsythias. I can't wait until the creeping flocks come in color. I just adore His color in nature...did I say that.

Come visit me sometime. I hope you'll be blessed as I feel the blog I've started is inspired by God and I want to use it for His glory to express Him and hopefully touch others. If you see the picture on my post from yesterday it is one of my trees in my yard. I don't know what it is but I've been told some form of cherry blossom.

Be Blessed~Paula
www.hisways-isaiah558.blogspot.com or click on my sweetpea profile to get to it.

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter