God's Word for Today

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Project 365 ~ Week 45

It was a week of working on the clay and getting in the kitchen. I was thankful for the many distractions to keep my mind off political disappointments this week. Not to mention a heavy dose of hormones tossed in for good measure. However I have little photographic evidence to show for it. I do have lot’s of picture of wet drying clay, but as promised I will spare you the riveting details of drying clay!

No pictures on Sunday, October 4

Monday, October 5

It was time to go to the dentist. Unfortunately I had to fire my old dentist. We loved him, but it became cost prohibitive as he was not in our insurance network and it was just to expensive. Laziness and just plane forgetting to do it kept pushing the task of finding a new dentist lower and lower down on my list of things to do. Finally I made myself sit down and find a new dentist.

Thankfully both myself and the girlchild escaped without incident. The Hub’s however has some major dental work in his future….YIKES!

IMG_1006

Tuesday, October 6

I finished another prayer shawl!

I have switched back to the Homespun. I was getting kind of burned out with the worsted yard. I have enjoyed just sitting down and mindlessly crocheting. I do not have to think about counting rows or stitches. I just have to work it back and forth. I think I am needing some simple right now.

I turned this one in and it went right back out the door that same evening. I like it when that happens.

IMG_1009

No pictures on Wednesday, October 7 more wet clay…..

Thursday, October 8

I went to the grocery store today. I was in the coffee isle and I looked over and saw this. I was not sure if I was offended or if I needed to put this in my cart.

100_1481

No Pictures on Friday, October 9

Saturday, October 10

I worked in the pottery studio on Saturday morning getting some pieces cleaned up. I am hopeful that I will have some glazed pieces to show you very soon.

Saturday evening the Girlchild had a birthday party to attend the the Hub’s and I went on a date. We tried a place we had never been before. Gary’s Bistro. If you live in my area I can highly recommend it. It was awesome. I had the Shrimp and Grits! OUTSTANDING! This place will be on our list of favorites from now on!

100_1492

Well I am practicing the Thumper Rule. If you don't have anything nice to say then don’t day anything at all, so I am keeping my ill humor to myself! On second thought maybe I need to go back to the store and buy that Female Toner after all!

Well for more P365 y’all head over to Sara’s and link up!

Blessings

R

8 comments:

sara said...

I had to cancel a dentist apt with Kayley in the hospital...was not too disappointed!!!

I actually used to take red raspberry for PMS and it worked GREAT....but glad I don't need that any more! :)

can't wait to see the new pottery pieces!!

Skoots1moM said...

maybe i should try that tea...
eager to see your pottery work...
you know Gary's Bistro is owned by Gary Martin Hayes who goes to our church... :) we went there today for lunch, but unfortunately they were only serving brunch until 2pm ... hubs was wanting veggies so we went somewhere else...those shrimp look marvelous

Amy said...

Yum!
I only recently discovered shrimp and grits. That bowl of it looks delicious!

The Bug said...

I could probably use that tea - I wonder if it helps with moods or just your innards?

That shrimp & grits looks fabulous! It's one of my favorite things - and not something we find up here very often :)

I'm sorry you were disappointed. As you know I wasn't. I guess at this point I just hope that my choice was the correct one!

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

Love that prayer shawl... beautiful colors!

The shrimp and grits bowl looks so delicious my mouth is watering now!

Terri Tiffany said...

As usual I enjoy reading about your week and seeing your pictures. I love your pottery best and can't wait to see what you are up to.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Love the prayer shawl and the shrimp and grits look so amazing...I could almost smell them. Yummmo

riTa Koch said...

You sure get a lot done.
My little knitting projects progress s.l.o.w.l.y.

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter