God's Word for Today

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Project 365 ~ Week 36: experimental canning, a sweet mommy moment ,a bit of knitting, junk mail hell, biscuits and some really fast cars

Let’s get at my week!

No pictures on Sunday, August 28

Monday, August 29

More canning or more accurately defined as re-canning….Click here to visit my post about my O.C.D. (Obsessive canning Disorder)

IMG_7781

No pictures on Tuesday, August 30 

Wednesday, August 31

Y’all I have the best girlchild. I woke up on Wednesday morning and came out into he kitchen and found this waiting for me.

IMG_7783

Later that evening I turned in my first knitted prayer shawl. I have done other knitted projects but this was the first one where I actually did a stitch that was more than just the basic knit back and forth kind of thing. I turned this one with a big learning curve. There were many places when dropped stitches and other error’s were a bit obvious, but I think that just comes with the territory. One day I will learn how to correct my mistakes but for now I am just happy to have learned a few new stitches.

IMG_7785

Thursday, September 1

I saw on Paula Deen’s Facebook page that September is National Biscuit Month. In honor of this auspicious occasion I decided to make a biscuit topped skillet Chicken Pot Pie.

It was pretty good y’all!

IMG_7792

IMG_7800

Friday, September 2

I was in junk mail hell y’all! I tackled a task I have been putting off. I hate opening the mail, sorting and shredding. One day I will learn to sort and shred as I go so it does NOT pile upon me…..in a PERFACT world maybe…….

IMG_7801 

Saturday, September 3

We took advantage of a promotional offer from Great Clips. They were offering discount tickets to the Nationwide Race on Saturday evening. I think I may work up a post about the entire experience later in the week. Nascar is a wonderful opportunity for people watching.

IMG_7804

Well that was my week.

For more 365 fun y’all head over to Sara’s and link up!

Blessings

R

11 comments:

semperfi said...

The skillet chicken pot pie looks great! I'm going to have to try it. Thanks for sharing Kim

sara said...

i love chicken pot pie and that looks amazing!!

what a sweet girl you have!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I love chicken pot pie and that picture made my mouth water...yummmo, The blue on the afghan was such a pretty shade. Have a happy Labor Day!

Kim said...

Oh my word, that food looks amazing! I love a chicken pot pie kinda thing :) Woke up to cooler temps this morning and am thinking it's time to break out the cool weather recipes! This looks like a good one.

And I wouldn't want to miss an opportunity to have biscuits!!! :)

Anonymous said...

HI FRIEND.. SO YOU FINISHED THE PRAYER SHAWL..ITS NICE... ABOUT THE POST.. HERE IN HOLLAND WE MUST EVERY DAY ORGANIZED DE POST CAUSE IS A LAND OF BILLS BILLS AND MORE BILLS..LOL
YOUR CHICHEN PIE LOOK DELICOUS.. THANKS FOR SHARING...LOVES SORAYA

Mimi said...

That dinner looks awesome. Luckily I leave all of my junk mail on my husband's desk & he deals with it or it would pile up all over!

Hugs & love,
Mimi

The Davidson Den said...

Never would have figured you for a NASCAR girl! ;) I'll bet it IS fun to watch people there!!

Shawl looks great! Hope your Labor Day is labor-less.

Amy said...

anything from Paula dean is a winner. that woman can cook! love the blue prayer shawl. I'm trying the get up the guts to just buy a knitting kit,watch some YouTube videos, and teach myself.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

loved that note from your dgt.

The Bug said...

Seriously, one of these days I'm just going to randomly show up for dinner at your house :)

Jamie said...

That chicken pot pie looks amazing! And I can relate to your mail pile...ugh! I sometimes leave it in the mailbox until I'm ready to deal with it -- and sometimes the mailbox gets really full!

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter