It’s that time again. Y’all go over to 2nd Cup of Coffee for this weeks addition of Random Dozen.
So let’s get at it!
1. Do you use the labels various charities send you as “free gifts?”
Usually no, since the invention of online bill pay the amount of actual physical mail to leave my house is nearly non existent.
2. What is your favorite time of day (or night) for skywatching?
Evening, I love watching the transformation of the colors as the sun sets. God does his best work as the sun goes down.
3. What is the most adventurous you've ever been with trying a new food? (Keep it G-rated please)
I’m no Andrew Zimmern or Jeff Corwin but I will try something new that I have never tried before. I draw the line at really nasty things such as liver, or any kind of organs, no kidneys, hearts or hypothalamus glands for me.
4. Have you ever heard a rock sing? (Trust me, there's a reason for this one!)
HAB 2:11 The stones of the wall will cry out,
and the beams of the woodwork will echo it.
PS 96:12 let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them (this includes rocks).
Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy;
5. If you could learn a language you don't presently speak, what would it be?
Being realistic it would be most helpful to learn Spanish, however if I had to choose a language to learn it would probable be Italian or French.
6. Al Capone's tombstone read, “My Jesus, Mercy.” If you could write your own epitaph, what would it say?
In many many years when I am really old and really gray I would hope for a “Well done, good and faithful servant!”
7. If you were a famous musician who was known by one name, like “Cher,” “Sting,” or “Jewel,” what would it be? It doesn’t have to be your first name, but it can be, if you’d like.
???, When I was younger I had daydreams of being a famous performer, who doesn't, but now I can say I spend very little time thinking about being a rock star. It sound like way to much work.
And the crowd goes wild as “Grandma” descend from the ceiling suspended by invisible trip wires spinning wildly about as I belt out a tune…it just sound to exhausting. I’ll leave it to Pink!
8. Have you ever been inordinately “into” a television show?
I will have to say that in years past I was overly focused on my soaps, but thankfully I have finally broken the addiction. Every once and a while I will get the urge to find out what's going on in Pine Valley but I find it is like being an alcoholic I have to totally stay away from the source. However with the addition of our DVR I am totally into watching my favorite shows when I want to. No more missing anything for me! I already have my DVR set to program every episode of this season of Lost, Private Practice and Grey’s Anatomy, I just love my DVR!
9. When you sneeze, do you go big, or do you do that weird “heenh!” sound that makes people think you’re going to blow your brains out? Any other variation we should know about?
Both my husband and my DD no longer bother to say “Bless You!” when I sneeze because they know that with in a few second of my first sneeze there will most assuredly be a second and then a third and so on and so on. I never sneeze only once.
10. Do you still read an actual newspaper that you hold in your hands, or do you get your news elsewhere?
I very rarely read an actual newspaper. We used to have a subscription to the paper but it was eventually canceled as they all usually wound up unread in the recycling bin. I get most of my information from the nightly news, talk radio or I will check something out on the internet. However finding reliable facts on the internet can be at times a challenge.
11. Are you a good speller?
NO! Thank you to whoever invented spell-check!
12. At what time each day do you start thinking about
Usually when I feel hungry, but when I went to a job it was either the night before as I packed my lunch for the next day or grabbing a cup of yogurt or swiftly making a pbj before heading out the door.