God's Word for Today

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Rainy Morning

After my whirlwind of activities yesterday it is good to have a quiet moment. There is a gentle drizzle outside so I am confined to the sofa.

The Hubs has gone to his small group and the Girlchild is still sleeping so my house is quite. A quiet house is a good thing!

God is good and my efforts to make good choices during campmeeting were  balanced. I fixed a big salad from home most  nights and then allowed myself one choice (ok maybe one and a half choices) from the dessert table. It was a workable solution.

I did give myself one night to visit the covered dish table and again God is so good. He prompted someone to make everything I was searching for.

Macaroni & Cheese, hashbrown casserole, deviled eggs, butter beans, broccoli salad and a fried chicken wing. I did also heap on a big serving of a really good greek salad, so a good choice was provided as well. Y'all is was soooo good!

Even my devo this morning was about making one good choice at a time. Repairing decades of bad choices will take some time. I confess to being a bit discouraged at times with the slow progress but slow is better than no progress.

One of the scriptures from this morning was about being connected to the vine. I love the imagery in this. It is never more apparent then a quick trip out to the garden on a hot day. By late afternoon if there has been no rain the leaves are wilted and in need of refreshment. It's my job to care for my vines. I water them, prune off the parts that are unruly, harvest the ripe fruit and toss the fruit that is bad.

Repairing my temple requires a daily pruning of my actions and my thoughts. I still have much work to do, but thankfully my example is right before me.

Remembering to stay connected to The Vine, God's Word, His Love, His Presence...

I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

Blessings
R

#repairmytemple

No comments:

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter