God's Word for Today

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Campmeeting Day: Five

It rained last night. It cooled things down considerably.

No one ever believes me, but sometimes it gets chilly at night. I had to get up and turn the fans off last night and get another blanket. It was cold!

Last night felt a bit more familiar.

We sat on the front porch, talked, ate homemade chocolate ice cream, enjoyed the youth talent show from afar and listened to the gentle sprinkling on and off throughout the evening.

It was good. More accurately stated, it was similar, the rain kept a LOT of folks away.

There is an old testament passage, I'll have to search for it later, but the gest of it is a description of longing for the days past.

That's it in a nutshell, maybe it's nostalgia,  maybe I see how it is now compared to how it used to be.

Yes, I know change is a guarantee.

I guess I am wondering where tradition went?

I did not grow with a lot of family traditions. Dysfunction tends to overshadowed so many things. I think that, in part, may be why I am reacting this way. As an adult in my own family life I have certain traditions established. Maturity brings clarity, I can look back and see so many foundational things that were missing from my childhood.

God is so good, those things that were absent in my life are standing stones in the life of my children and grandchild.

For today I continue to pray for clarity, discernment and wisdom. I also pray for restoration.

My devo this morning included one of my favorite scriptures.

jhn.15.5-8.msg
“I am the Vine, you are the branches. When you’re joined with me and I with you, the relation intimate and organic, the harvest is sure to be abundant. Separated, you can’t produce a thing. Anyone who separates from me is deadwood, gathered up and thrown on the bonfire. But if you make yourselves at home with me and my words are at home in you, you can be sure that whatever you ask will be listened to and acted upon. This is how my Father shows who he is—when you produce grapes, when you mature as my disciples.

Great words for today! Great words for life!

Pondering change today?

Your thoughts on change are welcome,  how you approach it, how you embrace it, how you move past it...

Blessings
R

1 comment:

Shirley Mary said...

Love the picture. . . and your writings!

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter