God's Word for Today

Monday, August 3, 2009

A plague upon me!

t’s the attack of the mutant cucumber’s.

One day they were lush and green and abundant and then a plague of unknown origins, at least in my limited horticultural experience, has visited my tiny little patch of produce.

IMG_0011

See the tiny little mutant tucked away in amongst all the destruction.

IMG_0003It has not spared my sweet green peppers either!

Not for the fain of heart.

One day (well maybe a week) they were normal and then this, squat kind of yellow unattractive looking thing!

IMG_0006

Sing with me…

One (or five) of these things is not like the other….

One (or five) of these thing just doesn't belong…

IMG_0007

Garden advice needed!!!!

Oh a plague upon me, a plague upon me!

Blessing (or weeping and gnashing of teeth!)

Robin A.K.A. The Bewildered Gardner

3 comments:

Terri Tiffany said...

I don't have a green thumb at all and my one attempt here in FL proved it. Did bugs get them? I am so sorry as I have watched you all the way and I know you loved them!

Heidi said...

You're singing my theme song there. Hmm. Greg at Greg's General Store will know the answer. Go ask him over there or maybe I can go get him and bring him over here.

Heidi

Greg C said...

Are you by any chance getting rain these days? I know cucumbers will do that when they get heavy watering like they do during a summer rain and then they go dry for a while. If they get uneven watering like that then you get cucumbers like that. :)

As for the peppers, they might be missing calcium or they too are getting too much water. I will research it and give you a positive answer but I think that is what the problem is.

Greg

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter