God's Word for Today

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Woman on a Mission ~ Part VIII

A friend sent me this link today, I thought it was very interesting.


Keep praying for God to reveal the truth, I will step out in faith and say with confidence that all the prayers for discernment and for the truth to be revealed are beginning to open people's eyes.


5/26: Cracks in the Oprah empire
If you want to read all the comments from this article you can folllow this link above. I will warn you that there is a very equal mix of positive and negative comments, so proceed with caution.

By Rodney Ho Monday, May 26, 2008, 08:06 PM
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Her TV show lost 7 percent of its ratings year over year. Circulation of her magazine is down 10 percent over the past three years. And “Oprah’s Big Give” didn’t do nearly as well as ABC had expected and she chose not to do another installment.

The story speculated that her endorsement of Barack Obama turned off her more conservative viewers and Hillary Clinton fans.

(She has virtually stopped actively campaigning for him, though.)
Daily ratings for her talks how was 7.3 million, down from 7.8 million a year ago. Her show peaked at about 9 million in 2004-05.

It’s still by far the No. 1 talk show and has been for more than 9 years.
Locally, her ratings in May 2008 were down an alarming 30 percent to 125,000 or so households from nearly 180,000.

(Then again, “Dr. Phil” is down 30 percent in Atlanta, too, as is “Ellen.”)


The New York Times wrote a piece Monday about Oprah Winfrey’s empire showing some signs of weakness..


This link above is the source of the reported statistice from the article above. If you are interested.

2 comments:

godlover said...

Hi Robyn,
Thanks for that info on prayers. That was the account I couldn't think of. As soon as I read the name it clicked and I knew that's where I'd read that God had heard an unbeliever's prayers. Thanks for finding that for me and posting it on my site to be sure I'd see it. I knew I had read somewhere where God had said He heard the prayers of a unbeliever.

Do you think Oprah's decline is just part of the fickle TV industry or do you think it has anything to do with the "religion" she's pushing? I think that has a lot to do with it.

I enjoy your posts. Personally I'm worried that Obama might just be our next president. If so, I'm afraid America is in for decline. I had so hoped that the first black American to run for president would be someone I could vote for. Same with the first woman to run for president. Why did it have to be Hillary Clinton!!!

In Christ's name,
Marj
Calaveras County CA
http://gdlvr.blogspot.com

godlover said...

I think I misspelled your name. Sorry I have it written in my log as Robin and don't know why I spelled it with a "y." Sorry!

Marj

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter