God's Word for Today

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Birds in my Chimney!


No this is not a metaphor for the state of my mental health.
This morning during my quiet time, I was met with the very pleasant sound of the birds. From time to time they will take up residence in my chimney. The early morning chirping was amplified and it sounded as if they were literally right there in my living room with me. I listened to the conversation of these birds and I began to think of how simple some things are and how complicated other things can be. For that quiet moment the birds chattered away and I just sat and drank my morning coffee and let the experience fill my quiet living room. It was a very good way to start the day.

MT 6:25 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

No comments:

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter