God's Word for Today

Saturday, November 27, 2021

Day Two Blog Re-Boot

I left my house at about 10:30 Thursday evening and have today returned home, Saturday, November 27th. 

It didn't feel like 9 days, but when emotions are high and a sweet new baby arrives time either slows to a snails pace or speeds by quickly.

This afternoon it was time to tear myself away from my new grandbaby and point my car in the direction of home. I was beyond thankful that I was able to spend the time with my daughter as she settled into motherhood. 

There were many moments as I watched with a full heart as she tended to her new little one. It really was a very unique experience, watching my little girl, my baby with her own baby. 

How did that happen?

The nine months we waited with great anticipation were finally here, we all had different expectations and different perspectives.

My perspective was a teetering balancing act between motherly concern as my daughter labored greatly during childbirth and joyful anticipation as my arms ached to hold my new grandchild.

As I drove home this afternoon my thoughts were wandering about, new baby, new mom, new year, so may new things.

The other new reality is that I was there to help, not take over. I'm the grandma...not the momma!

Today I am thankful for text messages (four so far since if got home with pictures attached), little pink babies wrapped up like a burrito, video chats and sleeping in my own bed tonight. 


It will be like a woman suffering the pains of labor.

When her child is born, her anguish gives way to joy

because she has brought a new baby into the world. John 16:21 NLT


Blessings

R






No comments:

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter