God's Word for Today

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Streaching Those Prayer Muscles

Sooooooo it's been a different kind of week for me.

As a mom, I have those moments when I am stuck in worry and concern. The rational side of my brain tells me to let go and let God handle things. That would be the smart thing to do.

Me and smart have a love hate relationship!

It was another maternal milestone, watching my daughter drive down the street heading for her first vacation...without ME!

She and three of her friends headed to the beach. She worked hard all year long, ended the semester with a 4.0 and working diligently saving her paycheck.

Yet, for as hard as she worked, the momma in me wanted to throw myself on the hood of the car and scream "DON'T LEAVE ME! "

I was good, I was a grown up, I did snap a picture of her car, licence plate and student parking pass (while she wasn't looking ) because, yes I need to recognize that my little girl really isn't my little girl anymore, but flashes of the nightly news are very real.

My instructions:

If you walk away from your drink it goes in the trash, better yet never leave your cup unattended. 
Never go anywhere by yourself! Stay together always!

Be safe and be smart!

I don't know about y'all, but when I was a young thing it never once crossed my mind that someone might slip something into my drink or that I could have been abducted and sold into the sex trade.

The evil one places a rolling loop of horrible thoughts, images and possibilities in my path.

The good news is prayer and God's word are powerful and effective tools. My Accountability sisters have been holding me up. I have been praying without ceasing for the past seven days.

She drives home today, so one last hurdle,  arriving safely home. I have another marathon prayer session in front of me again today.

My prayer muscles are getting a workout!

Plus, my niece is also on this trip, my sister can track her phone so on the trip down she sent me frequent updates on their travel progress. No doubt she will do the same for the trip back. Technology can be a good thing!

Note to self: figure out how to do that on my phone. I will be discussing this with both husband and daughter in the very near future, she may not like it but....since momma and daddy are paying for the phone...guess who wins that argument!!!

Prayers for safe travels today are appreciated.

Blessings

1 comment:

The Bug said...

I'm a little late reading this - sure hope she made it home safely! I know my mom didn't like to let me go off without her either... And then I had the nerve to go to Zambia when I was just 22! I thought I was so grown up, but now I'm not so sure :)

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter