God's Word for Today

Thursday, September 13, 2012

In the Land of Teenager: Another True Story

6:15 am…sleeping like a stone warm and snug in my bed.

There is a small tap on my shoulder…

“Mom I need you to sign something.” and then she turns and walks back out into the livingroom.

I get out of bed and she is sitting at the computer looking at homecomming dresses on the internet. She hands me the slip of paper and I ask,

“What am I signing?”

“It’s my Language Arts grade.”

I forgot to put on my glasses so I can’t see the grade…

“What is it?”

“A 91”

I sign the paper and then head back to bed and she then asks me,

“Mom if I can find a really inexpensive dress online can we get it?”

It is now 6:17 am and I am standing there looking at her wondering why she did not just bring the slip of paper into me in my room, then I wonder why I did not have the presence of mind to tell her to bring the slip of paper into me in my room so I did not have to get out of bed and NOW at 6:17 am she is asking me about homecoming dresses…..which I all ready told her I was not buying her another one…

REALLY?

Could I get back to sleep…

That would be NO!

And she used the last of the coffee creamer and then put the empty bottle back in the refrigerator instead of getting a new bottle out of the refrigerator in the garage…

AND I do not have Muffinhead this morning and was looking forward to sleeping in…

Good Morning Y’all!

R

2 comments:

The Bug said...

I hope she's not too bothered about the dent in her head from where you threw your coffee mug at her.

Just kidding :)

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I have given you an award. I hope you will please stop by and grab it.
http://stillmagnolias.blogspot.com/2012/09/sisterhood-of-world-bloggers-unite.html

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter