My missionaries returned home today.
In thinking about my week I have to say that the opportunity to spend seven whole days alone in my house was a unique experience.
- I had total control of the remote.
- I left my cloths on the floor.
- I never cooked, not even once!
- I did not load or unload the washing machine or dryer.
- Went the entire week with out having to take out the trash.
- Found joy in watching the blue birds in my back yard.
- Opened the doors to the Dacula Ornithology Research Center (How much of a D.O.R.C. am I…..HA HA)
- I did not vacuum or dust!
OK, I did dust, but that was only because when I moved the furniture in the sun room to set up the observatory for the D.O.R.C. I was horrified at the layer of dust on the floor under the wicker love seat. In the pursuit of science I deemed it necessary and made the sacrifice and went to get my floor duster. (Bummer)
- I only had to make one unplanned trip to the grocery store. I ran out of coffee, a necessary requirement in order to avert a disaster.
- By Thursday my dishwasher was finally full enough to run a cycle.
- I started reading a new book.
- Wrote on my blog.
- Read other people’s blog’s
- Made myself egg salad sandwiches. A real treat, I never make it because no one but me will eat it.
- I watched one good movie, one OK movie and one horrible movie.
- Completed the rough draft on a book project! (OMG, now what do I do!)
- Wrote another devotional, (another project in the works)
- Had a brief (and unexpected) visit from my Beloved, A.K.A. my DS the rebel.
- Prayed with my accountability sisters.
- Met a friend for breakfast.
- Had dinner at one of my favorite restaurants. Comfort food, an open faced meatloaf sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy. Yum!!!!!!
- The most strenuous activity of the week was mowing the lawn. This I did out of compassion and love as I did not want my husband to return home to find a chore waiting on him. The things we do for love!
- I saw a hummingbird in my new back yard for the first time today.
- Had a revelation that Special K and Rice Crispies make the same snap crackle pop sound when the milk is poured on.
In the next few hours I will be restoring some order, picking up the things that in my freedom I let lay, giving my house the once over and trying to decide what to cook for dinner. I think I can remember how.
I can confidently state that having a week to your self is a wonderful experience, at least it was for me.
I can highly recommend it.