God's Word for Today

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Random Dozen

It’s that time again. Y’all go over to 2nd Cup of Coffee for this weeks addition of Random Dozen.

 

So let’s get at it!

1. Do you use the labels various charities send you as “free gifts?”

Usually no, since the invention of online bill pay the amount of actual physical mail to leave my house is nearly non existent.

2. What is your favorite time of day (or night) for skywatching?

Evening, I love watching the transformation of the colors as the sun sets. God does his best work as the sun goes down.

3. What is the most adventurous you've ever been with trying a new food? (Keep it G-rated please)

I’m no Andrew Zimmern or Jeff Corwin but I will try something new that I have never tried before. I draw the line at really nasty things such as liver, or any kind of organs, no kidneys, hearts or hypothalamus glands for me.

4. Have you ever heard a rock sing? (Trust me, there's a reason for this one!)

HAB 2:11 The stones of the wall will cry out,
   and the beams of the woodwork will echo it.

PS 96:12 let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them (this includes rocks).
Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy;

Nuff said!

5. If you could learn a language you don't presently speak, what would it be?

Being realistic it would be most helpful to learn Spanish, however if  I had to choose a language to learn it would probable be Italian or French.

6. Al Capone's tombstone read, “My Jesus, Mercy.” If you could write your own epitaph, what would it say?

In many many years when I am really old and really gray I would hope for a “Well done, good and faithful servant!”

7. If you were a famous musician who was known by one name, like “Cher,” “Sting,” or “Jewel,” what would it be? It doesn’t have to be your first name, but it can be, if you’d like.

???, When I was younger I had daydreams of being a famous performer, who doesn't, but now I can say I spend very little time thinking about  being a rock star. It sound like way to much work.

And the crowd goes wild as “Grandma” descend from the ceiling suspended by invisible trip wires spinning wildly about as I belt out a tune…it just sound to exhausting. I’ll leave it to Pink!

8. Have you ever been inordinately “into” a television show?

I will have to say that in years past I was overly focused on my soaps, but thankfully I have finally broken the addiction. Every once and a while I will get the urge to find out what's going on in Pine Valley but I find it is like being an alcoholic I have to totally stay away from the source. However with the addition of our DVR I am totally into watching my favorite shows when I want to. No more missing anything for me! I already have my DVR set to program every episode of this season of Lost, Private Practice and Grey’s Anatomy, I just love my DVR!

9. When you sneeze, do you go big, or do you do that weird “heenh!” sound that makes people think you’re going to blow your brains out? Any other variation we should know about?

Both my husband and my DD no longer bother to say “Bless You!” when I sneeze because they know that with in a few second of my first sneeze there will most assuredly be a second and then a third and so on and so on. I never sneeze only once.

10. Do you still read an actual newspaper that you hold in your hands, or do you get your news elsewhere?

I very rarely read an actual newspaper. We used to have a subscription to the paper but it was eventually canceled as they all usually wound up unread in the recycling bin. I get most of my information from the nightly news, talk radio or I will check something out on the internet. However finding reliable facts on the internet can be at times a challenge.

11. Are you a good speller?

NO! Thank you to whoever invented spell-check!

12. At what time each day do you start thinking about Lostlunch?

Usually when I feel hungry, but when I went to a job it was either the night before as I packed my lunch for the next day or grabbing a cup of yogurt or swiftly making a pbj before heading out the door.

Blessings

Robin

10 comments:

Joyce said...

I love your musical name Grandma : )

btw-Nel won the book in the I win you win...she's linked into the random dozen too.

Have a great day!

larkswing said...

Grandma is great! Especially being lowered from the ceiling! lol!
Loved the rock verses :)

achildoftheking said...

Very cute answers. =D

Stephani Cochran said...

Hi Robin! Nice blog! We had the same epitaph and I loved your answer to the singing rock question. You had some great answers. Nice to meet you. Have a good week!

Angie said...

Whoa, Grandma, you go! :) It does sound exhausting!

We enjoy Andrew Zimmern and Jeff Corwin around here, but you can't watch them and eat your dinner at the same time!

DVR!! I LOVE IT!! Can't miss Fringe and The Good Wife.

SouthLakesMom said...

Thanks for the answer on #4 -- I was thinking of Luke 19, but those work great too!

The Bug said...

Fun answers - I'll bet Grandma would be gimmicky enough to be a hit!

Skoots1moM said...

hear, hear!! You're right, God does do his best work as the sun goes down.

"really nasty things...liver,organs...what they don't sound appealing? ha ha

HAB 2:11 ... great PULL!! woo hoo!

love me some Italian, too!

“Grandmaa Trip Wirez”, has a ring, doesn't it?!!
DD's into Grey’s Anatomy and HEROES...I'm LOST on both

I had never noticed your MULTI sneezes...now, I'll be counting. DH is a 'fiver' kind of guy!

I agree: God bless spell-check!

great answers

Kim said...

Okay Robin, your answer to #7 cracked me up! The daughter was watching the Grammies the other night and I caught a glimpse of some performer suspended from the ceiling. With that vision in my head and your dialogue...TOO funny!

Nel said...

What fun! I agree with #2, He does do His best work as the sun goes down.

Until next time... nel

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter