God's Word for Today

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Random Dozen

Joining Linda over at 2nd Cup of Coffee for this weeks Random Dozen. Pop over and check out all the randomness…..

1. When was the last time you craved a food--what was it, and did you cave?

A simple plate of tortilla chips with melted cheddar cheese…did I cave, well yes I did.

I will save my tirade on how we as women are programmed to feel like failures if we do not conform to the images we see on television and in magazines for a later date. It makes my blood boil!!!!!

2. M & M's or Skittles?

M & M’s of course…

3. Have you ever read the Bible completely through?

In 1995 I began taking the Disciple Bible studies, in Disciple I you read nearly 80% of the bible for the study. It is a comprehensive study of both the Old and New testament. If you are looking for a wonderful study I highly recommend Disciple. Since then I have taken all four of the first generation Disciple (I, II, III and IV) studies as well as the second generation follow up studies, Christian Believer and Jesus and the Gospel’s. I have also participated in several Beth Moore studies and I am currently working my way through Disciple III for the second time. A feel certain that I have read the entire bible in the course of all of theses studies but I have never done a 365 reading plan. I have attempted to do it a few times but that would require the ability to remember to do something every day. I also have vitamins that I forget to take every day also.

4. How long does it take you to really wake up in the morning?

Once I have had a few minutes to sit and drink my first cup of coffee I am good to go.

5. Have you ever been on a cruise? If not, would you like to?

One of the best vacation my husband and I ever took was a cruise. I would totally love to do it again. We had a great time, however I will say that if I had to pick between an all inclusive beach resort and a cruise the all inclusive resort will win hands down every time.

6. Who is your favorite actress?

In the old movie category I have to say Maureen O’Hara or Jean Simmons, I just love all their old films. You can’t get any better than Guy’s and Doll’s in my book or The Quiet Man.

If I had to pick a contemporary actress it would be Sandra Bullock. I don't think I have ever been disappointed by any of her films. I just lover her.

  See full size image  See full size image


7. ______ is something that I will just never understand.

Where to start…I don’t get poker, the rules to most athletic events, math…well that enough for now. Just thinking about my lack of understanding of poker, doubling down, call and raise, full house or a split (I think that may be bowling) tennis, Love – 40…exactly what does this mean, if you board a south bound train going 42 miles and hour and someone else boards a north bound plane flying at 30,000 feet where will the third person realize that they missed the bus…..


8. How much of a technology junkie are you?

I would say I am enough of a tech junkie to get by. I utilize the internet, I have a functional knowledge of the computer and lots of different software. I could not survive without my laptop or my window’s mobile phone, but I don't have a data plan for my phone. I don't feel the need to surf the web while I am strolling the isles at the wal-mart. I pay all my bills online, I do most of my consumer research on line. All in all I feel very confident with my level of proficiency regarding the technical devices I use. However I do not feel at all compelled to be the first to get every new device that comes along. I am much to much of a tight wad for that. I will usually wait until whatever I want comes down in price, but by then there is usually something newer and better. Ya just never seem to be able to get ahead of the technology curve. But I’m OK with that too!


9. Do you enjoy selecting greeting cards for people, or is it more of a cultural "have to" for you?

A few years ago I was all over that. I had an index file box tabbed dividers for all my different greeting cards. I spent $$$ and was a frequent Current customer. The catalog would arrive in the mail and I would spend a wonderful few minutes flipping though the pages making mental notes about which new card collection I was going to buy. That was back when I was thoughtful and had the ability to organize my time and remember when people’s birthdays were. Now…not so much. 

10. When was the last time you got a new style/haircut?

Talk about de ja vou…it was February of last year. Here is the post I wrote about making the cut. In fact I just had it trimmed up yesterday.

11. What do you enjoy shopping for most?

Oh let’s see…NOTHING!


12. What's the last thing you think of before you leave the house?

Is my phone in my purse???

Did I lock the door???

Did I turn my flat iron off???

Where is it I’m going again???

 

Happy Random Dozen

Blessings

Robin

8 comments:

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Or your last one cracked me up..."where was I going again?" ha ha

Your #1 made me hungry.

And you and I are just the same with #8 (technology curve...great term!)

Have a blessed day, Robin!

Thena said...

I would probably be the same way, about remember where I'm going. But usually at least one of the kids is with me, so they keep me straight. lol

Joyce said...

I love your #12...where am I going again? Sad but true in my case too : )

You reminded me about Current...haven't seen that catalog since I moved back from overseas and I used to love it. Probably all online now and I should probably stay away.

Have a great day!

Kim said...

#7 had me laughing out loud :-) I am so with you on that!

#12 had me giggling too.

I LOVED Current back in the day. Never followed through on ordering everything I wanted, but did get a few things here and there. We used to group order when I worked at a bank.

Well, gotta go eat my cake. We picked up Subway and then stopped at a bakery where we'd seen the most luscious looking cake and brought it all back to the hosteria for dinner :-)

Skoots1moM said...

nicely said :)

Nel said...

Enjoyed your answers... You had me laughing several times.
thanks for sharing...

T. Powell Coltrin said...

Wow we have a lot in common. What a great post. I really enjoyed it.

Oh and I'm with you on Sandra Bullock. I even collect (most) of her movies because she usually chooses great scripts.

Susanne said...

#7 cracked me right up. You are too funny. I could have listed a pretty extensive list too.

And the last one "Where was I going again?" hahaha. I can so relate!

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter