Joining Linda over at 2nd Cup of Coffee for this weeks Random Dozen.
1. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being a cranky-baby-hissy-fitter, how much of a complainer are you?
3….but then I am hardly objective. Sometimes it also depends on the subject matter or circumstances.
2. When someone else is talking, do you listen, or are you thinking about what you're going to say in response?
My old Stephen Ministry training always kicks in.
Listen and then respond. Don't be thinking about what you will say while they are talking, if your are doing that then you are not really listening.
The Lord gave us two ears and one mouth because he wants us to do twice as much listening and half as much talking.
3. I just deleted 1062 messages from my email account. Do you have any plans for a clean sweep this month--of anything?
I re-organized my coat closet and I have plans to do a bit more reorganizing in other areas of the house as well. As a matter of fact I was on a hunt at Ross yesterday for some dark wicker storage baskets for my sun room next to my computer desk. I am tired of the bright lime green file box sitting on the floor next to equally stylish tall beige plastic kitchen trash can, it is so very attractive.
New year new look, but DRAT! So far have not found what I am looking for.
4. Tell us about your perfume. Was it a gift? What does it remind you of? Do you have a signature scent?
Perfume…that’s the stuff that comes in fancy little bottles with names like “Tumult” or “Conspicuous” and “Fu Fu Lamoure” well I used to wear perfume a long time ago, but now I am lucky is I can remember to use my Aveno lavender scented Stress Reducing Hand Lotion. If I have a signature scent it comes in a small white bar that floats in the water. It’s called Ivory Soap.
5. What is your best organizing tip for the new year?
If you have not used it, worn it or cant remember why you bought it in a year then throw it away!
6. What is your favorite comic strip?
When I read the paper I used to love to read “Family Circus”
7. Do you sleep with a fluffy or flat pillow?
I sleep on whatever pillow ends up on my side of the bed. But I have to have two pillows, and I will add that the side of the bed is very important. It has to be the right side of the bed.
8. What color is your kitchen?
It is kind of a muted buttery yellow with a sponge foux finish.
Why did you choose that color?
I did not choose it, it was that color when I moved into the house. But I will say that it is very similar to the color of my old kitchen and I did pick that color. I think the yellow kitchen was one of the primary reasons I fell in love with this kitchen in the first place.
9. What’s the most interesting bumper sticker you’ve seen?
“Welcome to AMERICA! Were glad you’re here…NOW LEARN TO SPEAK OUR LANGUAGE!”
10. Do you prefer an expensive writing tool or whatever is lying around? (Are you a Montblanc or a Papermate?)
My favorite pen is the Pilot G2 Gel Pen. I have to have it whenever I write in my journals. I keep a large selection of them around because mysteriously they always seem to go missing. Plus I love it that you can get refills for them.
11. What chore doesn’t feel like a chore – you just enjoy it (at least most of the time)?
Cooking, most of the time I enjoy getting in the kitchen and getting a meal on the table.
12. If your parents often repeated themselves, what is something one of them said more than once?
I have to go back to my beloved grandmother for this one. I have such vivid and fond memories of her spouting theses wise words, especially if my sister and I were arguing…. “You want what you want when you want it! When you get what you want you don’t want what you want, but you want what you want when you want it!”
Can’t fault that wisdom!
Happy New Random Dozen Y’all!