God's Word for Today

Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday Fav Five Minus 4 = My New Toy

Joining in with Suzanne over at Living to tell the Story for Friday’s Fav Five today. I took some liberties with the concept today as you will see.

Well I love my husband but shopping totally stresses him out. Bless his precious little heart. He has such a hard time making decisions and he totally stresses out over the decision making process. He get freaked out if he thinks he is going to get something and it won't be right, or maybe there is something better or cheaper or…you get the idea.

Well this year I got multiple computer printouts in my Christmas stocking.

My first choice was this…which I would have been thrilled to have. Y’all know me and getting in the kitchen.

Cuisinart 77-17 Chef's Classic Stainless 17-Piece Cookware Set

My second choice was this baby!

A Canon Power Shot SX 20 IS

PowerShot SX20 IS

Well I pondered for about a half a second and then made my choice. My old post and pans are just fine and serve me very well thank you.

I had been whining for months about the inadequacies of my poor little Canon. Don't get me wrong it was a great little camera, but I was in need of an upgrade if ya know what I mean.

Shinny cookware bye bye…well maybe for my birthday.

Well it came the other day and I have been in new toy heaven. ever since.

I love my new camera. My old digital served me well. It was a Canon Power Shot also and I loved it a lot. It has now been passed on to the DD who will be burning up the memory card with goofy UMYF pictures in no time.

IMG_0092

Y’all I am having too much fun learning all about my new Christmas toy. My husband was so sweet. He did all the internet research and found the perfect camera.

IMG_0088

Here is an amazing picture of the Blizzard of 2010 which dropped a heaping 1/8 of a teaspoon of snow in my backyard last night.

Here is a picture of the fruit bowl on my kitchen counter, riveting I know but I was just playing….it has an even better Micro function than my old camera and it even has a super micro, be still my heart. I can’t wait for spring and all my flowers to come up.

IMG_0055

These next shots were taken from all the way across the living room and it’s not blurry or shaky at all. This camera has an image stabilizer that’s way cool

IMG_0084 

IMG_0061

So that’s it for my Friday Fav Five minus 4.

Blessings

Robin

I am seriously contemplating participating in 365 this year now that I have a new toy in which to fully explore all things photography.

I am armature photographer hear me roar!

Happy New Year Y’all

And don't forget to go over to All Things A Ro if you want to toss you name in the wooden shoe for I Won…You Win.

She will be keeping the Giveaway open until Sunday so pop over and give her a visit.

9 comments:

Sandy@ Jesus and Dark Chocolate said...

Wow that NEW camera sounds great......especially since I have an older Cannon Power Shot. I don't like the micro function on it. So I am wondering how your upgrade will go. Looks great so far....love the fire picture!! I also love how hubby printed out the print outs for you to decide. He sounds like my hubs a bit, and my hubs also does massive research on anything before he buys it. :)

ellen b said...

Girl...I would have gone for the camera over pots and pans too! Beautiful job learning the ins and outs of it! Have fun!!

Baba said...

Hi Robin, I would have picked the camera too!!! I love getting and playing with a new camera..have fun taking plenty of pictures and sharing them with us..hugs, Baba

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Wow -- some wonderful pictures!

Last Friday was my first FFF, so welcome to the club!

Willow said...

Cameras would win EVERY DAY at my house! Your photos are great and you are going to LOVE that camera.

Have a happy photogenic weekend!

Susanne said...

How exciting! It's so much fun to play with a new toy! Enjoy!

Brenda said...

Ahh, thats so sweet of your husband to give you choices like that. I would probably choose the camera over the pots as well, but it would be close for me, I love to cook :)

Kim said...

I TOTALLY think you should do 365!!! Love your new camera. Our old camera was a Canon PowerShot and I loved it. Now we have a different camera altogether. It's slim (a deal breaker for my husband) but I'm just not so into it. It does okay but not great. Of course, it might help if I were a better photographer :-)

nikkipolani said...

Heeeeyyy, fun camera! I can see you're having a blast with it :-)

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter