God's Word for Today

Monday, January 4, 2010

Feast of the 4 Fishes

 

Confession time folks.

I am not much of a seafood fan. However my husbands is. This from time to time causes us some conflict upon deciding where to go for dinner.

Now don't get me wrong I don't’ totally hate seafood, but it has just never been one of my favorites.

The Italians have a tradition of having a huge seafood feast on Christmas Eve called the Feast of the 7 Fishes, well since we are not Italian, the closest we could come was the Feast of the 4 Fishes.

My husband indulged his yearly craving for an all out seafood feast by making a stop at the local Korean market that is not to far from our house. They have every know vegetable ever grown upon the earth as well as a very clean, very fresh, very affordable selection of seafood. Some of it is actually still swimming around in very large tanks of water. The have live eel’s and lots of other live things that I will spare you the description of. At least you know they are fresh.

Aside from seafood you can also get some really great beef and pork for way cheaper that I can get at the local grocery store. But I digress.

We have a rib roast ready to be cut up into steaks waiting in my refrigerator, now that’s my kind of feast!

Digressing again!

Well since it doesn't happen vey often and since it seemed like appropriate blog fodder well here it is.

I submit for you entertainment our slightly smaller version of the Italian tradition, and no we did not do it on Christmas Eve either.

The Feast of the 4 Fishes

My favorite… the snow crab legs, but the Lobster and the shrimp were really good also. The scallops…not so much. But hey three out of four that’s pretty good I think, especially since I am not a huge fan of seafood.

But it was worth it to watch my husband enjoy himself.

Happy New Year Y’all

Blessings

Robin

2 comments:

Skoots1moM said...

he can come cook in my kitchen ANYTIME...gosh that made me hungry for seafood...i had a great salmon-shrimp platter while in wilmington, yummo.

Ruthie said...

Nice to see you here as well as FB. I don't love fish either - but DH does.
Blessings in 2010!

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter