God's Word for Today

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Project 365 ~ Week 46

The hubs was out of town, or to be more precise he was out of the country, on business all week long so when the cat’s away the house mouse takes the week off. No cooking, very little cleaning and basically it’s a girls week of just hanging out.

Sunday, November 7

On Sunday we got the first wave of fundraising letters in the mail. With the increased cost of the this mission years trip and the broken down payment schedule I feel certain that there will be multiple mailing as well as a few other money making opportunities like a bake sale and maybe a church wide garage sale to help off set the cost of the trip.

IMG_4435

Monday, November 8

Leftover Cream of Mushroom Soup and a Grilled Cheese. This meal constitutes the only time I spent at the stove or in the kitchen all week long. Aside for exerting the effort to place a frozen pizza in the oven Thursday evening this was the extent of my foray into the kitchen all week long.

IMG_4436

No pictures on Tuesday, November 9 or Wednesday, November 10

Thursday, November 11

With the cooler weather having set in we had a few morning with some light frost. Canna Lilies and frost are not friends. After the first appearance of the really cooler temperatures my lovely stand of Canna Lilies ends up looking like a withered brown heap of ugliness.

Canna Lilies do not need to be thinned out every years so these have been in there present location for almost five years now. After such a long time they had gotten very crowed and it was time to do a bit of thinning out.

Here is a little before and after action.

 IMG_4437

The next to be thinned out will be these iris, but that will be for another day or even another season.

IMG_4438 

When all was said and done I had a knee deep mound of withered foliage.

IMG_4440 

Time for a break. Canna Lilies can be a bit of a chore to get out of the ground if they are really crowded :(

Sometime I find the perspective from view finder on my cameras to be very interesting when it is just sitting on the table.

IMG_4442

Now that is a pile of bulbs!

IMG_4443

No pictures on Friday, November 12

Saturday, November 13

In honor of the hubs homecoming I returned to the kitchen to make him a special welcome home dinner.  If I do say so myself this rosemary, garlic and black pepper encrusted prime rib turned our perfectly! The Roast Root Vegetable’s (not pictured) and the steamed asparagus were a wonderful accompaniment to the tender prime rib. It was extra flavorful as I had let it marinate in the rosemary and garlic black pepper rub for a full 24 hours before roasting it off in oven. 325 degrees @ twenty minutes per pound and let it rest for at least twenty minutes and it is perfectly pink and tender.

IMG_4447

If you’re not a meat eater then you really don't know what your missing!

It was really good y’all!

Well that’s it for me this week!

Y’all head over to Sara’s and link up for more 365 fun!

 

Blessings

R

9 comments:

Thena said...

Sounds like you had a nice relaxing week.

Heidi said...

Mmm, I know what you mean about the cat being away and the mouse not cookin'. I'm in the same boat over here and so far, I have made toast this weekend. That meat looks a little pink, no? Hmm. The asparagus looks delish.

RaD said...

Uh, I like meat but just not that pink. Sorry, guess I'm a wimp. But the meal you made earlier in the week looked good.

The Bug said...

Yeah, I'm a well done kind of gal - but the hubs would probably LOVE that LOL. I agree - your soup looks delish.

I do believe your cannas were planning on taking over the world - good thing you dealt with them in time!

Ladybird World Mother said...

Mmmm. That last picture looked so yummy...

Skoots1moM said...

oh, my word...wonderful! Beautifully done

sara said...

yea for a week of no cooking!!!

oh my word that prime rib looks SO GOOD!!!!

Kim said...

I could live on popcorn and pasta when I'm the only one home :)

I'm sure the Hubs was duly appreciative of that fabulous welcome home meal. Looks delish!

Terri Tiffany said...

You still look like you had a productive week. I always enjoy seeing your pictures. But that meat was a little too rare for me!

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter