God's Word for Today

Saturday, November 27, 2010

On the Menu: Thanksgiving Delayed

Since we traveled to my SIL for Thanksgiving with my husbands family I did not get to do much in the line of cooking. I made a small contribution to the meal with the addition of a Pineapple Upside Down cake but that was the extend of my culinary effort on the actual day of Thanksgiving.

Not being one to allow a small thing like not actually being home on Thanksgiving stop me from actually having Thanksgiving I decided that being thankful is really a constant state of mind anyway so we have postponed our smaller family celebration until this evening.

Skoots1mom and her family will be joining my small family and we will gather around my table for a Delayed Thanksgiving dinner.

Thanksgiving 2010 Menu:

Brown Sugar & Mustard Glazed Ham

Roasted Turkey Breast (Marinate in a Brine for 24 hours)

Homemade Macaroni & Cheese

Broccoli & Rice Casserole with Mushrooms and Roasted Red Peppers

Stuffing & Gravy

Creamed Peas

Homemade Spiced Cranberry Sauce

Hot Spiced Tea

 

Chocolate Cheese Cake for desert

 

If I get industrious I may put another Pineapple Upside Down Cake in the oven after the side dished come out of the oven. Pineapple Upside Cakes need to be consumed while still warm in my opinion so it is one of those thing that needs to be done just prior to serving.

Pictures to follow in my next 365 post, which I am proud to announce that a miracle did occur and I have actually managed to take a picture every day this week.

Well I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Now it’s time to ramp it up for the Christmas Season.

Blessings

R

No comments:

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter