God's Word for Today

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

What’s next: What I’m learning from clay, part two

 

I was listening to the radio this morning.

I love listening to Victory 91.5. This is a station based here in the state where I live but you can also listen on the internet if you want to check it out. They are truly a radio ministry. They read scripture and pray on the air several times a day. If you haven’t tuned in you should!

In my prayer time this morning I was seeking some direction, some discernment in what I need to do. Do I need to seek some part time employment, no I need to commit to facilitate a bible study, do I need to sign up for a bible study, do I, do I, do I……I was asking for direction. A LOT of direction. The great thing about God is that no matter how much or what you place before him his well of attentiveness is bottomless. He never fails to draw near to listen.

As I was driving this morning I was listening to a small teaching moment in between songs and the subject matter was the Parable of the Talents.

The theme of the teaching moment was focusing on money management, however when they closed out the speaker said this:

“God expects you to use the gifts he has given you.”

It was one of those moments, very small, however it was like God was waving a red flag in front of me. I snatched a pad of paper from the floor board of the car and at the next red light I quickly scribble the sentence down.

In the parable (MT 25:14-30) the first servant took the resources that his master had given him and made a smart investment, so did the second. However the third servant was motivated by fear and took the money his master had given him and buried it in the ground. He allowed his fear to influence him and he missed the blessing that God as well as his earthly master had waiting for him.

I began to think about the questions I had been placing before God earlier in the day.

It was a flashing yellow road sign and it said.

“God expects you to use the gifts he has given you.”

I am not sure what will happen next, I am not sure where working with the clay will lead.

What I do know is that God has placed this opportunity before me and I need to be obedient and see where it will lead. I may still seek a small part time job, I may still do a bible study but I feel certain that working with the clay will be a big part of my life, at least for right now anyway.

Blessings

R

P.S.

Here is what I found on Biblegateway.com, love that site too….

Talents in the Bible: Matthew 25:14-30

In the "parable of the talents," we get an idea of what God expects us to do here on earth. We're all given talents, some great and some small--but whether your talent is epic or miniscule, we glorify God when we use it to further his kingdom. God isn't rating His followers based on the number of converts they win over or the number of church pews they fill; He's interested in the passion with which we use whatever gifts he has given us.

Matthew 25:14-30

The Parable of the Bags of Gold

14 “Again, it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted his wealth to them. 15 To one he gave five bags of gold, to another two bags, and to another one bag,[a] each according to his ability. Then he went on his journey. 16 The man who had received five bags of gold went at once and put his money to work and gained five bags more. 17 So also, the one with two bags of gold gained two more. 18 But the man who had received one bag went off, dug a hole in the ground and hid his master’s money.

19 “After a long time the master of those servants returned and settled accounts with them. 20 The man who had received five bags of gold brought the other five. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with five bags of gold. See, I have gained five more.’

21 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’

22 “The man with two bags of gold also came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with two bags of gold; see, I have gained two more.’

23 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’

24 “Then the man who had received one bag of gold came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed. 25 So I was afraid and went out and hid your gold in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.’

26 “His master replied, ‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? 27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.

28 “‘So take the bag of gold from him and give it to the one who has ten bags. 29 For whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 30 And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

1 comment:

Terri Tiffany said...

I'm excited to hear which direction the Lord will guide you. I've prayed that same prayer so often in the past years and always it comes back to writing. All the other doors close on me it seems. You are so gifted in many ways--your cooking, your crafts and your pottery. You are using your gifts so well now!

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter