God's Word for Today

Friday, July 9, 2010

Over 100 pounds!!!!

Well it’s coming in y’all. There has been a steady stream of fresh veggies headed to the co-op over the last few weeks.

I am postponing my next vacation post in favor of all this magnificent greenage. 

It has been a few weeks since I was able to get my hand in there and pitch in and help. However this morning we got a bumper crop of corn, tomatoes, okra, green beans and butter peas. We nearly filled up a five gallon bucket with butter peas alone. I am not exactly sure what a butter pea is, but I am told that you shell them and cook them like a butter bean or a lima bean.  Copy of IMG_3722

There is a bit of a weed problem happening but it does not seem to be hindering the production at any rate. I spent just as much time pulling up the pesky weeds as I was making my way down the rows.

Copy of IMG_3728 Copy of IMG_3730  Copy of IMG_3732 Copy of IMG_3733 Copy of IMG_3731

We estimated that we picked enough corn for 30 families @ 4 ears per family. All total we had a rough estimate of over 100 pounds of fresh produce that was delivered this afternoon to be given out tomorrow morning!

IMG_3738

Y’all it was good!

Blessings

R

1 comment:

Skoots1moM said...

so awesome...they've got a treat for tomorrow!
I KNOW they'll appreciate the fresh veggies

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter