1. What are your plans for Easter?
Our plans are very simple. We are going to church and then probably just returning home for lunch.
Are you cooking a big lunch or dinner?
Normally I do not cook on Sunday’s and Easter is no exception. However this year the Hub’s birthday falls on Easter Sunday, so I am throwing a small Easter/Birthday dinner.
Probably not, we did when the kids were little and Muffinhead has not been here in a few days so we have not had the opportunity to have any Easter fun.
Attending a sun rise service?
Our church does hold a sunrise service out at our campground but I for one will be snug in my bed at seven am.
Eating too much chocolate?
Does German Chocolate Cake count? That’s the Hubs cake of choice for his birthday. I do still have to assemble Muffinhead Easter basket so there might be a few chocolate eggs involved……..
2. What is something you feel too young to do?
Eat dinner at 4:30, I will share that as the years creep on and on my bed time has become earlier and earlier. However I still don’t think I am heading in the direction of dinner at 4:30.
3. "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud...it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs..."
Of the characteristics mentioned in the biblical definition of love which do you find most difficult to live out and why?
easy choice….it keeps no record of wrongs, well love may keep no records but my memory is long and has the ability to pull from decades of hidden files at whim.
4. What's a springtime flower you associate with your childhood?
I remember my grandma’s tulips in her garden. I remember they all seemed to be perfectly uniform and all lined up and all blooming at the same time.
Bright red, pink, yellow and I think there may have been some white ones….sadly down here in the south tulips do not grow very well as annuals, they are more of a perennial and have to be dug up every year, it just doesn't get cold enough for them to thrive.
5. Ever sung karaoke? If so, what's your go-to song? If not and you're given the opportunity, would you?
No I have never sung karaoke, but if I ever did have the opportunity it would probably be something form Rogers & Hammerstein…
OOOOk-lahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain,
or Happy happy happy happy talk, talk about thing you like to do, you’ve got to have a dream, if you don't have a dream how ya gonna make a dream come true…or……..
I’ve got the horse right here his name is Paul revere and the guy he say if the weathers clear, can do, can do this guys says the horse can do……..
somebody stop me…..ok ok one more
Shall we dance? On a bright cloud of music shall we fly? Shall we dance? Shall we then say, goodnight and mean goodbye.
Oh perchance, when the last little star has left the sky.
Shall we still be together? With our arms around each other, and shall you be my new romance?
On the clear understanding that this kind of thing can happen
Shall we dance? Shall we dance? Shall we dance?
6. What is something you keep in a basket?
Napkins on my kitchen table…ho hum!
7. When was the last time you felt foolish?
Oh my goodness, I think that may be a daily occurrence. How about the times I find myself in my car and realize that I am waiting for the red light…at a four way stop!….or how about the time I put my cell phone through the washing machine…..or how about the time I closed the back hatch on my van only to realize that I had set my Starbuck's frappachino on the bumper of the car…………
8. Y’all I am torn between wanting to stay informed and just wanting to bury my head in the sand. Every time I watch the news it seem that I am seeing more and more things that defy explanation. Violent acts that are to despicable to describe, the frightening debt crisis, the lack of morals in the secular world, it just seems that every time I turn on the television I am overwhelmed with a multitude of moral and social issues that boggle the mind.
The Hubs and I have nightly conversations on how crazy it is, sadly the solution is so very simple, at least in my mind it is. However turning from sin and setting your eyes on God is so far removed from so many that at times it seems impossible.
However that word impossible is not in God’s vocabulary. He is the God of impossibilities.
I may be overwhelmed and focusing on all the things that are wrong instead of all the things that are right.
I am so glad that God is, God and I am not…..cause this, the world, makes no sense to me right now!
- 2 Chronicles 7:14
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.