God's Word for Today

Monday, August 17, 2015

The Girlchild Update and a Vacation

For the few of you who still read my blog, the Girlchild made it home safely from the beach.

Momma, made it through on her knees, but I made it through.

The one fact remains steadfast, there is no problem that prayer can not soften, I could not actually know what she was doing, I had to trust in the foundations we have laid for, the foundation she has taken up for herself.

God is good and a steady stream of conversation with the creator kept my head from exploding, my accountability sisters were awesome as well.

I don't know what I would do without those women in my life!!! FOR REELZ!

Life is funny, I am convinced that God has a wonderfully sharp sense of humor. No sooner does the girlchild make it home safely from her first unsupervised vacay, what do we do????

We promptly head out leaving her all by her lonesome while we enjoyed some down time, some much needed down time in fact.

So I switch from concern over her being at the beach unsupervised to worries about her having the house all to herself.

So, I'm think'n that God is trying to teach me something, I just need to figure out what it is...

Trust in God...
Trust the foundation...
Trust, Trust, Trust...
Do not worry...
Train up a child in the way they should go...
Be still and know that I am God...

Take your pick!

And I had no signal whilst at the beach so I couldn't  phone home!

Another valuable lesson...

It's ok to unplug every now and again.

We arrived back home to find that the house was still standing, the Girlchild was fine, the dog did not starve, nor did she and all was well.

I know she did not starve because the physical evidence she left behind was still in the sink.

And yes, she did clean it up, cause momma wasn't doing it....

GOD IS GOOD y'all! !!

Blessings
R

PS: Contemplating doing some vacations posts...it was good y'all!


So keep an eye out...

3 comments:

The Bug said...

Love that beach selfie! I'm glad the girl child survived & that you survived too. I had a dream about her last night - I'll have to tell you about it :)

Ladybird World Mother said...

Phew!! God certainly does like to show us the way... I just don't think i always like the way he does it!! xxx

Nel said...

It is great to get away sometimes! WOuld love to see more pictures!

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter