God's Word for Today

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Sometime ya just need a keyboard...


there are some things I know for sure!

the evil one works harder to deter those of faith because the victory will be sweeter if he can succeed.

I knew that tapping away on my phone would hinder my process this morning so I had to dust off the laptop to get these thoughts out of my head this morning.

Me in my jammies this morning....good morning y'all!


I know the truth, I also know who the ruler of the air is.

Last night I spent several hours having great discussion with the Lord. The evil one would place unwanted thoughts in my head. I would take them captive, place them in God's hands and allow Him to usher them back out. 

Would that I could do this but once and have it be done and over with. 

Sadly being the weak willed human I am unwanted thoughts creep in and I have to deal with them. The reality is that the evil one know right where to strike. He knows where my underbelly is. 

My other more important truth is that God is stronger and He covers me with His protection. The arrows of the evil one may be continuous, but I stand safely covered with the whole armor of God.

This morning my devotion was about this very subject. Yet another example of how God goes before us. 

"What do you worry about in your tomorrows? In your weakest moments, what thoughts are going through your head? What strategy does the enemy try to get us to worry..."

After spending multiple hours last night struggling with parental concerns and praying them away and then rinsing and repeating, these were the first words I read thins morning.

God is so GOOD y'all!

I know last night will not be my last fitful night. As a parent, we love our children, and we have concerns for their safety, their well-being and the continued longing for only good things to come into their lives.

The reality, parenting a semi-adult child is hard!

I want to control, yet know I can not. I want to protect, yet I know I must allow the freedoms for her to spread her wings. I want her to do what I want, not what is popular. I want to pick her friends AND I want to pick her BOYFRIEND...I want her to...y'all get the idea.

I am praising God this morning for providing the exact words I needed to read as well as the perfection of His words to embrace me.

God reminded me this morning that I am a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. James 4:14

then He told me to "Trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding..." Proverbs 3:5

As I was tossing and turning last night, the scriptures I was supposed to read were waiting on me this morning.

"...:if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." Psalm 139

Nuff said...

Blessings
R







1 comment:

Terri Tiffany said...

Thank you for this post today. I needed to read it. Satan knows right where to attack me and as always, he is having fun at my expense. It's hard raising our kids at that age. I sure know Went through all those things but in the end, our training of her paid off. Now to just trust HIM with all my other worries!

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter