Happy Hodgepodge y'all!
1. Chinese New Year will be celebrated on February 10th, and 2013 is the year of the snake. When did you last see a snake? Are you okay around snakes or do they give you the shivers?
Snakes, I can’t claim to be necessarily phobic about them, however I don’t care to spend any long term time in the close vicinity of the slithery creatures. Also I can never remember those catchy rhymes that help you remember when snakes are venomous and which are not…red touches yellow your a good fellow….red touches black….I always forget. So I usually err on the side of caution!
As a public service announcement I just Googled it and here is what I have found…
Red touches Black, he's a friendly Jack.
Red touches Yellow, he's a deadly fellow.
2. The color red in Chinese culture usually means good luck. Do you believe in luck?
Not really, more accurately I believe in God-incidences. I understand random happenings and things falling in place in a good way. I also think that if you are seeking a life in Christ that all things are connected to your faith. God is so ever present in all things that he wants to make connections with his beloved children in any way that he can. He never misses an opportunity to connect with those he walks with and those he is trying to reach. If that connection comes in the form of a happy accident then so be it! God never wastes any opportunity…ever!
3. sledding-ice skating-building a snowman...if given a choice, which activity would you choose? Which of the three have you done most recently?
Sledding…NO, Ice skating…NO, Building a Snowman…only when absolutely necessary and only when the required ingredients are available. The last time it snowed enough to make a snowman here in theses parts was several years ago.
4. Ralph Waldo Emerson is credited as saying, "The years teach much which the days never knew." Where have you seen this quote played out in your own life?
Oh my, there certainly is a lot packed into that saying! When you get to be a certain age you begin to understand certain things. My guess is that Emerson was looking back on a long life and seeing all the lessons he learned through out his life. Remembering the times spent on useless pursuits and how often we waste time on mindless activity. Also as I have gotten older my perspective has greatly changed. Looking back and finding the valued lessons in the difficulties and the suffering are now very valuable experiences. In the moment of pain we rarely see things clearly. Once we move past the days we can look at the long range years and see the lessons in them.
5. When was the last time you ate a cupcake?
Sadly I can’t remember, which may require an immediate trip to the store. I spotted a bakery just around the corner that was named “Cup Cake” hmmmm, wonder what they sell there?
6. What's something you can't say no to?
A second cup of coffee, a really good movie, chocolate anything, a bowl of pop corn and breakfast for dinner!
7. Are you a doodler?
It depends on the situation. I once took a bible study that was facilitated by a less than engaging person, the curriculum was. at the time, a bit over my head. My workbook was full of lovely illustrations and curly Q decorations…boredom = doodling!
8. I am not feeling very random right now, but hopefully it will be a light week for me. The Hubs left for a business trip this morning. So that means my dinner duties will be greatly abbreviated. He is off to Puerto Rico…yea I know! It’s cold here and he is off to the warm tropical breezes. However I am consoling myself with the fact that he will be working most of the time and will be stuck on in the interior of the island soooooooo no ocean breezes and sunset over the ocean for him. Just for a minute, if you are somewhere cold just imagine yourself sitting in a lounge chairs basking in the warm tropical sun…..
Well that’s if for me this week.
Y’all head over to Joyce’s and link up!