1. What is ONE thing or area in your home or life you hope to report is completely organized when 2013 draws to a close?
Well I know what the area is, however I am doubtful that it will get addressed. I have a HUGE issue with my household accounts. The process of paying and filling my bills. They all get paid yet there always seems to be a huge stack of miscellaneous bills, notices and etc just laying around the computer.
It makes me nuts…..
Do you have a plan to make it happen?
Not really, I wish I did. It is a hot button for me. I try to stay ahead of it but sadly it seems like I am lost in an ocean of invoices and other forms of paper. All the bills get paid, it’s what happens to them after I have sent the money off. My filing cabinet is inadequate. I purchased a small wooden filing cabinet and rapidly found out that it has a HUGE design flaw. It falls over if both drawers are open at the same time, in other words it is a very cheap filing cabinet. In a perfect world I would have a small office where I could have my computer and a large heavy filing cabinet, I have a large metal filling cabinet but it is Huge and I am sure the Hub’s would object to it being moved into the sunroom as it would no doubt ruin the hardwood floor not to mention just looking really unattractive sitting in the corner. An office with a door that I could close and then apply the out of sight out of mind rule…that might work. Oh wait I don't have an extra room in my house….
2. What's the worst uniform you've ever had to wear for a job?
When I was in high school I worked at Wendy’s. At the time we had to wear these smocks, they were light blue and white stripped. The uniform consisted of a basic white pants and white shirt with the smock over top. It was horribly unattractive. To start I worked at the burger dressing station, the hamburger was assembled and then placed on top of the foil paper and slid in my direction. I would then very quickly add all the required toppings, the trick was to get it done very quickly, I think there was even a set time for how fast this needed to be done, a few second I think. By the end of the night there was usually a fairly thick layer of crud that had, in my hast to assemble the burgers, also would end up all over the front of my smock…YUCK! It was nasty y’all!
3. What was your last kitchen 'mishap'? This question comes to you courtesy of Betty who blogs over at A Glimpse Into Midlife...everyone go say hi to Betty!
I don’t even have to think abut it.
It was Christmas Brunch of 2011, Click here to read about The Christmas Day Sticky Bun Disaster! Fire in the oven on Christmas morning…NOT a good thing y’all!
4. How do you protect yourself from other people's negativity?
We all know them, those folks who seem to have a perpetual dark cloud hovering overhead. Life is to short to spend it steeped in negative thought. If possible I try to simply steer clear of those folks, however if that is not possible then the next best plan of action is to just pray my way through it. One observation I have noticed is that folks who seem to be stuck in the negative generally are not looking to move past it. For whatever reason their negativity feeds something in their life. They NEED it! Negative attention is still attention, and if attention is required then it will be achieved regardless whether it’s negative or positive.
5. Who in your family do you most resemble (physically)? If you have children, who do people say they favor? Do you agree?
I guess I have to admit that I favor my mom and my grandmother. One of my favorite pictures is of me and my grandmother and we are standing outside and we both have the exact same expression on our faces.
What I know for sure is that my children look like me. When you compare my baby pictures with both of my children's baby pictures there is a very strong resemblance.
This has also continued with my granddaughter. She is the spitting image of her Daddy…there is no denying that child whatsoever….she is her daddy’s baby!
What do y'all think...I'd call that a spitting image...
6. January 8th is National Bubble Bath Day...will you be celebrating?
That would require actually remembering that it’s National Bubble Bath day at the end of the day…so my answer is probably no.
7. Some of the 'world's best winter festivals' are - Mardi Gras(New Orleans), Quebec Winter Festival (Canada),Sundance Film Festival (Park City, Utah), Rio Carnivale(Brazil), Sapporo Snow Festival (Japan), VeniceCarnivale (Italy) and the Harbin Ice Festival (Northern China). Of those listed (and if cost were not a factor) which would you most like to attend and why?
I am just not a party girl. Give me a quiet gathering with close friends, a nice pot luck and a good conversation or a fun game and I am a happy girl. The thought of being in a HUGE crowd along with thousands of others just makes my stomach hurt. It holds no appeal to me at all!!!!!!!!!
Laying out on a white sandy beach in Rio on the other had has great appeal, just not the crowds and the craziness that comes along with Carnival, I’ll pass!
8. My random thought... Does this bug you too! “Results Not Typical”, those three small words that they flash across the screen on all the weight loss commercials. It’s that time of year y’all. Ever two seconds we are bombarded with and endless array of commercials all describing how easy it is to loose 20, 30, 40, 50…pounds or more. Only there’s a catch, it's hidden in the small white print that flashes across the screen for two second that tell you that these folks who are dancing across the screen blissfully showing off there size two dress are not typical. It makes me NUTS!
Blessings for a Great Hodgepodge y’all!
For more WH head over to Joyce’s and link up!