God's Word for Today

Monday, December 10, 2012

A Reader Appreciation Award, Thanks Dana….Passing on the love to Karen’s Korner and My Hands His Glory…it a Blog Award y’all!

Dana over at Bug’s Eye View has given me a reader appreciation award!

Who doesn't love a little bloggy appreciation from one blogger to another.

And since I appreciate being appreciated I’m answering the questions & passing it on.


::Where do you do most of your writing/blogging?

Well since I am a bit of a homebody I really do most of my writing and blogging at home. However if I am posting pictures then I am working from my desktop, it houses all my digital files. If I am just posting a random thoughts then I am almost always on my laptop.

::What books were your childhood favorites?

I had a couple of favorites as a child. The first one was Pipi Longstocking. I loved reading about all her antics and I loved her pony tails. Second was probably Boxcar Children. Interesting now as an adult I notice that both these stories focus on children without normal families ….hmmmmmm.

:: Who is your favorite fictional character?

I think my favorite fictional characters have to fall into two different categories.

First would be children books, I thoroughly enjoyed reading Harry Potter with my Girlchild. J.K. Rollings can spin a tale that just keeps you turning the page. One day I hope to revisit the series with Muffinhead. Next would be young adult fiction, and I know it’s a bit trendy but I really enjoyed the Twilight Series, Stephanie Meyer is a wonderful story teller and I found all the characters in this series to be compelling.

Adult fiction, who can beat Scarlet O’Hara, I loved reading Gone with the Wind. I have always found myself rooting for Scarlett even with all her flaws and self centered determination. However if I had to pick an all time favorite it would have to be Jamie and Claire Frasier from the Outlander Series. I have been a long time fan of Dianna Gabaldon. She has crafted a set of characters that are so compelling that you just feel like you know them by the end of the books. Her books are a bit of a commitment as they are all very lengthy and at last count I think there were seven in the series with the eighth pending at the beginning of the year. I am waiting with great expectation for it to come out.

As you can tell from my favorites with the exception of Scarlet I am partial to stories that continue. I love a good series, I love the anticipation, getting involved in the story and getting lost in the characters.

I was also a fan of the Left Behind series and found those characters compelling as well. I was not as thrilled with the writing skill of the Left Behind series but I still enjoyed reading the books.

I love a good fictional character, some of my favorite on the tube would have to be Commander Data for Star Trek, The Next Generations, Erica Cane from All My Children, Sawyer from Lost, J.R Ewing from Dallas, I was very sad to lean of his passing. the show will not be the same with out his unique brand of evil.

Great question…don’t we all love a good character that we can loose ourselves in!

::What is your favorite time of day and why?

I think I can be classified as a morning person. I am a bit of an early riser to begin with and there is nothing better than curling up on the sofa with my coffee and having a nice long conversation with the Lord and then just moving into the morning fully charged. 

::Have you ever Googled yourself and been surprised at what you’ve found?

Well if I have ever done it I am suffering from short term memory loss an have no idea what I found…, so now I think I will have to do it just to see what I find.

::Who would play you in a movie of your life?

Bring the movie hound that I am I have been pondering this since I started working on this post. I took the weekend and have been thinking about it almost non stop. I am not typical obsessive compulsive however loving movies the way I do I found this question to be particularly interesting.

She would have to be truly southern, able to speak her mind and have the perfect timing to deliver the quick one liner when necessary.

I am thinking either Olympia Dukakis, who didn't love her is Steel Magnolias, Kathy Bates or Ellen Burstyn. I loved her in Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. For me in my younger years I would pick possible Ashley Judd or maybe even Sandra Bullock. But none of this is of vital importance. The real thing to ponder is who would be cast in the roll of my husband…

Harrison Ford, the young Harrison Ford, Pierce Brosnan at any age, Dennis Quaid, love his new show Vegas by the way!!!!, Kevin Costner…I mean if you going to dream dream big I always say!

OK, who would I like to see answer these questions? Hmm. Well, it would be cool if all of you would.

But I’ll just pick on name a few in particular.

Skoots1mom over at My Hands…His Glory, She is a wonderful sister in Chris, a friend IRL and one of my favorite bloggers too!

Karen over at Karen’s Korner, I have been enjoying participation in Project 365 with her for a while now!

And if you are just popping over for a visit feel free to join in and answer the question. If you do leave me a comment so I can come over and read your answers….

 

Blessings

R

2 comments:

The Bug said...

You are such a nut - ha! I know she's not an actress, but I was thinking that Paula Deen would be a good choice for you - she's southern, speaks her mind & can cook.

I keep hearing about the Outlander series - I really should get started on it. I'm a big series reader too. I found a great website to help me keep track of where I am in the series - & they send me an email notifying me when the next book is out. Check it out - http://www.fictfact.com/

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I have read all the Outlander series and met Diana Gabaldon.

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter