Good Wednesday Morning, It is time for a bit of Hodgepodge, love that word by the way!
Christmas is right aroun the cornere, four Hodgepodges to go till Christmas….How did that happen?
1. With that being said I think I need to dive right in to some Christmas related questions, don't you?
Which do you prefer-pretty gift wrap with a bow or a pretty gift bag with/without a bow?
I think I kinda like both, some gifts just require wrapping paper and others work better with a gift bag. However the thrifty side of me loves a gift bag as I can reuse them…..
What percentage of your holiday gifts are currently (as in right this very minute) wrapped in some form or fashion?
Easy answer…..ZERO! Also I will share that I have bought exactly one gift so far….YIKES!
2. What is one item on your Christmas list this year?
Most of the time I gravitate to kitchenware, I just got an awesome Kitchen torch for my birthday and I LOVE it! However this year I think I am going to ask for gift cards from Hobby Lobby. I am getting ready to redecorate my bedroom. I have the material already and all I need now is to get started. So extra $$$ for the miscellaneous stuff to help get the project up and running would be wonderful, or maybe Home Depot. I am thinking of painting the wardrobe and wicker love seat. Sadly I would love a whole new bedroom set but that is just not going to happen.
3. What makes a home?
Growing up in a broken home I am especially tuned to trying to achieve certain things that I lacked when growing up. God is good and with much personal work as well as leaning on His strength the Hubs and I have established a life together that is so different from whence we came. My children’s lives were and are very different from the life I grew up in.
When we sit down to dinner each night we have conversation, we laugh, tease, talk about our day, enjoy a meal and then we know that we will do it all again tomorrow!
4. Motown founder Berry Gordy celebrates his birthday on Hodgepodge Day-November 28th. Are you a fan of the Motown sound? If so, who's your favorite Motown artist and/or song? Here's a list in case you're stuck.
Here is a little FYI, I am just not a music enthusiast. I know it is a very important component for a lot of folks. I much prefer the quiet or the natural sounds that come from the birds and other outdoor inhabitants. The Hubs and I fall asleep to a CD of the ocean or rain showers each night. In fact I recognize the name Barry Gordy but would be hard pressed to even name any other Motown artist. I have an iPod but it lives in the wardrobe in my bedroom and mostly houses podcast of Joyce Meyer or sermons of our pastor. There is music on it but I rarely use it
5. Red or green-which one is more prevalent in your closet?
Red is just not my color, so my answer is green.
6. True or false-bacon makes it better? If you answered true, what's your favorite dish made with bacon?
TRUE! Aside for just plain old bacon, I like to cook mine on a baking sheet in the oven. Less shrinkage and way easier to clean up. Line a large cookie sheet with heavy duty aluminum foil and then place a baking rack in the pan, give the rack a spray of cooking spray and line the bacon up and place in hot oven (425 to 450, depending on your oven) bake for 15 to 20 minutes depending on the thickness of your bacon and how crispy you like it cooked.
I love a good BLT, fresh green beans are always better with bacon, a salad is always improved with a sprinkling of crunchy bacon, in fact I am not sure if there is anything except for maybe banana pudding that could not benefit from the addition of bacon…..
7. Share a favorite holiday memory.
When my son was in high school he was very interested in music. He still is today. We had saved up and had purchased him an acoustic guitar. Instead of wrapping the guitar we placed a series of notes all around the house. He had to go on a scavenger hunt to find his gift. At the time the Girlchild was in elementary school and she thought that this was the most fun thing she had ever done. Running after her brother looking for all the clues. For years after that she started in October telling me how excited she was for that years scavenger hunt. I had to wrack my brain each year to come up with new riddles and new hiding places for the Christmas scavenger hunt. Now that she is a teenage she is not intrigued with the fun of a scavenger hunt but one day when Muffinhead is big enough there may just be another one…..
8. I love my sweet puppy, however right now I am trying to type on my laptop as he is snuggle up next to me with his head laying up on my lap partially resting on the keyboard. Yes I could make him move, but having him close for a comforting cuddle in-between thoughts just makes me happy. The hustle and bustle of the day will begin soon enough. I’ll type around his sweet little head and make accommodations. In a million years I would never have thought that my husband would ever agree to have a dog in the house. Now I can’t imagine my life without may little furry companion. He just keeps me company during the day and Muffinhead and he are best friends when they aren't fighting over her toys. In the colder weather Busters favorite thing to do is curl up with me on the edge of my blanket as I drink my morning coffee. Y’all want to know a secret….when the Hubs is out of town I sometimes let him curl up on the foot of my bed, just don't ever tell the Hubs he would have a fit…..
Well that’s enough random Hodgepodge for today!
Y’all head over to Joyce’s and link you for more WH fun!!!