God's Word for Today

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Project 365 ~ Week 39

Well is was a very eventful week as well as meaningful. You will see on some special pictures in Friday!

So let’s get right at it…

Sunday, September 23

They were running a great deal on Snapfish, 99 prints for .99 cents. I used the opportunity to get our latest vacation pictures printed. I had time to sit down on Sunday afternoon and get the pictures in photo album. I like getting things finished don’t y’all?

IMG_0667

Monday, September 24

I used my new study space this morning. In all the rearranging of furniture we have done over the last few days I commandeered a small bedside table that resided in the Girlchild's room. I set it next to my desk. It has helped tremendously to free up the desk space. I moved all my reference books and other study bibles off to the side and now the top of the desk is free for my laptop and study materials. It was a very nice feeling to settle in for a morning of quite time with my coffee in my quiet house in my new study space. It was good y’all!

IMG_0668IMG_0669 

No pictures on Tuesday, September 25

Wednesday, September 26

I am breaking my own rule already about showing you only finished pieces. I was very pleased with how these carved pieces turned out. I am eager to get them fired and glazed to see how they turn out!

100_1331

100_1332

As I left the studio I was in dire need of a bit of a hormonal adjustment. I quickly administered a medicinal dose of chocolate milkshake. It was just the thing to regulate my shifting hormonal state of mind not to mention just plain really really good!

100_1338  

Thursday, September 27

Now that we are in the fall season again it was time to pull my sourdough started out of cold storage. I have it setting out on the counter. I have fed it a few time and it is getting back up to speed. I can smell that first batch of bread now……maybe next week!

IMG_0670

Friday, September 28

Well Friday was the day. The son’s wedding was finally here. I can’t tell you the last time I have worn all three of these article of clothing all at once. Pantyhose, heels and ear rings. Thankfully God is merciful and my Spanks did not explode under the pressure…

IMG_0689

I will be doing a post this week with a full wedding run down, but I will include a few pictures to whet your appetite.

My son is now officially a Husband and I am officially a Mother-In-Law….

IMG_0713

IMG_0731

Muffinhead was eyeing the cake…

IMG_0799  

It was a really great night. I can’t wait to see the real wedding pictures when the happy couple get back from their honeymoon!

Saturday, September 29

Saturday was a total wash for me. I was recuperating from the wedding activity and basically did not do much else but nap and lounge around the house all day. I did manage to get one small project completed. I went upstairs to my second new space and got it organized. I got my brushes set out and my paints stowed away in the drawers. Now as soon as I can organize my time a bit I can get back at my painting. Maybe in the winter when it too cold to work outside in the yard of I run out of clay….LOL

IMG_0838 

The key is to have everything ready and assessable so if the mood strikes me I am good to go. It was a bit frustrating to have all my painting stuff hidden behind my HUGE pile of yard sale stuff and now……it’s good to get done with another project!

Well that was my week!

For more P365 y’all head over to Sara’s and link up!

Blessings

R…A.K.A a New Mother-In-Law

9 comments:

sara said...

Can't wait to see those pottery pieces finished....love the carving!

I think I can almost smell the sourdough starter from here....yum!!

Congrats! on your son's wedding! Such a fun time and I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Sounds like a wonderful week with the wedding and all. I loved the precious shots of the wedding you posted. The bread sounds good too. I am making some i found on Pinterest. I just got my cast iron casserole i had to have. Any excuse to buy cast iron.

riTa Koch said...

Great week!
Love the ceramics and painting area.
What an artist you are!
Sitting here in Dahlonega, waiting for the riders' return.
Lots of time to read blitz.

riTa Koch said...

Blogs

Skoots1moM said...

i know you're very happy to have more room on your desk...
love thee painting room!...and
those clay pieces are awesome!

The Bug said...

Ooh pretty pottery! Can't wait to see how they turn out!

I love your study & painting areas - it's nice to have places that are just YOURS.

The wedding was lovely - and as you already know I eagerly await non-blurry pictures of you in your earrings, hose & heels (& your dress too - WHAT were you thinking!). Ha.

Now I'm ready for a chocolate milkshake :)

RaD said...

Congrats to your son!

And oh my! Those pieces you have not finished yet look great. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Kim said...

What an amazing week! So many good things :) A nice study area, awesome pottery pieces, and a wedding! Woot!

Had to laugh at the heels/nylons/earrings photo. I can remember the last time I wore hose (back in 2008) when we finished the last meeting before moving to Argentina and a couple took us out to eat at a restaurant. I slipped off to the bathroom and removed the panty hose and threw 'em in the garbage! haha Boy that felt good! I hope to never have to wear them again!

Look forward to seeing more wedding photos!

Terri Tiffany said...

Well, I am so impressed with you. You do pottery and paint and even have an easel! I would like to be doing both of those things but they must wait until I am in a bigger house.
And so your son got married! Congrats to them! Are you the babysitter while they are away?? She is precious!

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter