God's Word for Today

Monday, March 26, 2012

Repost: Fixed Broken Links to Pictures…Project 365 ~ Week 12: Muffinhead and the Giant Sweater and Something New X Two

Edit: I have no idea what happen tot he pictures!!! I am reposting to see if I can get them to show up! Gotta love technical difficulties!

I can’t believe I only missed one day this week! WOW!

Well here is my week y’all!

Sunday, March 18

Here is a picture of my first ever knitted article of clothing. Muffinhead’s mom and I found this pattern. It looked simple enough. She picked out some yarn that she liked and I got busy with my needles.

IMG_8998 IMG_8999

 

About half way through I began to suspect that it was going to be to large. When all was said and done it is about two, if not more, sizes to big. The DD even tried it on and it almost fit her.

IMG_8996

 

Note to self": Never attempt to knit a garment without making a sample gauge first. The instruction called for size five needles. I actually had to go down to a size three needle to get the correct size gauge. Go Figure.

My only problem now is that I have that nagging “Nanner Nanner Boo Boo” voice in the back of my head. I am going to have to try to make this again and see if I can get it to be the proper size!

Monday, March 19

Just for fun I had Muffinhead try it on! Yeah, maybe in another year she will be able to wear this one!

IMG_9007 

Muffinhead and Buster go from being best friends to disagreeing like siblings. They settle in to watch Elmo on the sofa.

IMG_9000

Tuesday, March 20

Now that the weather is nice and warm we spend a lot of time in the back yard.

IMG_9015

Thursday, March 22

Here is my first “Something New”.

Have you ever tired steel cut oats?

IMG_9025

I saw that Sara made mention of them in one of her latest post. I picked up a container of them during my last grocery run.

The jury is still out as to whether or not they will find a place in my cart again. Aside from the 30 minutes it takes to cook them I am a bit put off by the price, ringing up at almost $5.00 for this small container. Plus it has a very different texture than regular oatmeal. My first attempt to make them failed miserably.

You can click here to read an article I found about the differences between rolled oats and steel cut oats.

 

The backyard is really starting to fill out. I am very eager to see how all the changes I made last fall will look as things begin to fill out and bloom!

Just look at how much my lamps ear has grown since I planted it!

One tiny little sprig planted back on 4-17-2010…….….                                      

IMG_1563

Now look at it!

IMG_9030

Friday, March 23

My second attempt at the steel cut oats was a bit better. The night before I soaked them in a measuring cup full of water. The next morning I drained them off and cooked them according to the directions and was much happier with the texture. The oatmeal was softer and the constancy was a bit more like oatmeal. However after 30 minutes of simmering on the stove top the bottom of my pan was a mess.

30 minutes, messy pan, expensive….hmmm I am still deciding if these will make it back in my cart again!

IMG_9037

Saturday, March 24

My second new thing!!!!

IMG_9040

I finally got a new phone. I had time on Saturday to sit down and read through the instruction book and get to know all the features. I felt very vindicated because the guys at the phone store had great difficulty getting my old phone to work and quickly recognized just how tiresome dealing with the glitch touch screen really was. There were even a few time when they had to hand the phone over to me to see I could get it to work.

Thankfully I have powered down the ancient relic for the last time and am enjoying my new phone!

 

Well that was my week!!!

A giant sweater and two new things!

For more P365 y’all head over to Sara’s and link up!

Blessings

R

8 comments:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I love steel cut oats and they are better for you. I do mine in the crock pot and cook them over night on low. They are all done when I get up and I use a throw away crock pot bag so there is little mess. Loved the sweater. It is so pretty.

LuAnn said...

great job on the sweater. never tried steel oats either.

Have a great week.

RaD said...

I love steel cut oats too! I've never tried the quaker kind, I have Bob's Red Mill oats and the recipe on the back worked perfect the first time I ever made them. It says boil 3 cups water, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 cup oats. Reduce heat to low simmer. cover and cook for 20 minutes stirring every few minutes. There was no mess in the pan and they tasted perfect.

I think though, the first time I added milk to mine and had to cook them a little longer to get them to the texture I liked, but otherwise they came out great. I hope if you try them again you have better success.

The sweater was pretty and at least she can still grow into it.

Kim said...

I don't know why, but I can't see any of your photos :( There's just a bunch of big black boxes with exclamation points in the middle. Wonder why others can see them and I can't? I've been able to see the photos on the other P365 blogs. Weird! I'll wait and come back tomorrow and hopefully it will work for me then!

The Bug said...

Kim - I had to refresh the page (F5 - on an HP - do you have a mac?) because there were two black boxes - but then they showed up.

I've eaten steel cut oats before & I liked them ok, but not enough to make the switch due to the cooking time. Although, in a crock pot with a can of pumpkin, some milk, and cinnamon it was pretty darn good!

The Bug said...

Kim - I'm mean PC, not HP. Losing my mind :)

Skoots1moM said...

love bug's idea on the oats...might have to try that.

love all your pics; especially mt in the sweater...
lamb's ear is one of my favs...it's so pretty in your yard

Kim said...

Glad you were able to figure out the technical problems! The jacket is cute, and at least it wasn't too small so she can still wear it in the future.
Looks like a fun week!

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter