God's Word for Today

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Project 365 ~ Week 49

Sundays are turning into a bit of a logistical chore since the DD joined the youth choir. She has to be back up at the church during prime nap time for choir practice. The sacrifice we make for our children…..

Anyway I am contemplating trying to get my 365 together on Saturday to avoid the late posting but one can only dream of trying to get it up and running sooner rather than later.

So here it is for this week.

No pictures on Sunday, November 28

Monday, November 29

This past Saturday when Skoots1mom came for my Delayed Thanksgiving she brought me a baking pumpkin. I had never made a pumpkin pie from scratch and if memory served I don’t think I had ever even made a pumpkin pie period. The hubs and DD are Apple pie kind of folks!

IMG_4482

I gave it a shot today and got my pumpkin puree ready for pie making. Click here for the recipe I followed.

First you whack it in half!

 IMG_4485

The you scrape out all the seeds and pumpkin guts.

IMG_4486

Sprinkle the flesh with a bit of kosher salt and place on parchment paper in a shallow baking pan.

IMG_4487

Roast in oven until you can pierce thru the skin easily with a knife. Let it cool for a few minutes until you can easily handle the pumpkin halves. Then with a large spoon or ice cream scoop scrape out all the flesh and transfer to a food processor.

IMG_4488

Pulse until smooth and thick about two to three minutes.

IMG_4489

Store in frig for up to one week or three months in freezer.

I will say that it was much lighter in color than the pumpkin pure you get from a can and it had the texture of a sweet potato baby food.

The pie is for anther day.

No pictures on Tuesday, November 30 :(

Wednesday, December 1

Friendship is a good thing. I mentioned in my Disciple Class that I had to go shopping later in the day to get the DD some black pants and a black shirt for her orchestra concert. I also mentioned my extreme aversion to shopping in general and how I was really not looking forward to the experience. Y’all I have the best Disciple sisters. I left bible study with TWO $10.00 Kohl’s Cash Coupons.

IMG_4490

We got a pair of black straight leg skinny jeans and must for all teenage girls these days I’m told, a suitable black button up shirt that she assures me she will actually wear outside of an orchestra concert and a pair of black boots for a whopping $21.59!!!!

I hate shopping but I love getting a great deal!

Thursday, December 2

A quick smile from the very back row of the orchestra. The 9th grade orchestra was working in combination with the older students so they were delegated to the very back row.

IMG_4497

It was a great concert but this was the one and only glimpse I got of her during the entire performance.

No pictures on Friday, December 3 

Saturday, December 4

I enjoyed a nice breakfast cooked to order by the DD. She had Chocolate Chip Pancakes and I had my Buttermilk Pancakes straight up with syrup, no chips for me.

IMG_4504

I also manages to put my Really Homemade Pumpkin Pie in the oven today. Sadly I got so wrapped up in the process that I forgot to take any pictures. The recipe said it was best to wait a day to eat the pie so I have not had a chance to taste it yet. I am all about delayed gratification if it will improve the situation. So I was obedient and waited to give it a go. I am planning to have a slice in a bit so I will make sure I take a picture of my slice. Since skoots1mom gave me the pumpkin to begin with I sent half of the pie how with her as I am the only on in the household who partakes of pumpkin pie.

Well that’s it for my and my 365 this week.

For more 365 fun y’all head over to Sara’s and link up.

Blessings to all of y’all!

R

6 comments:

Kim said...

I like trying to get P365 up on Saturdays too but that hasn't been an option in a while. We've been too busy!

I'm not a pumpkin pie fan either but recently tried a pumpkin dip that is SOOOO good, especially with thin crispy ginger cookies. YUM! But I do think anything homemade like your pie has to be fantabulous :) Do let us know!

Shopping is bearable when you can score such great deals!

Have a wonderful week!

sara said...

Sundays are crazy busy for me, so I try to get my p365 up saturday night. But I have started adding the pictures to the post during the week so it is not so much work at the end!!

I LOVE real pumpkin pie!!! so good!!!

Our band concert is tomorrow night and I am looking forward to it!

The Bug said...

I love pumpkin pie (although pecan is my favorite) - can't wait to hear what you think.

Your daughter is so pretty - and you're lucky to have her making pancakes for you :)

RaD said...

I would not be able to wait an extra day to eat pumpkin pie. But homemade all the way down to cooking the pumpkin yourself sounds oh so good!

Tori said...

Good for you for making a "real" pumpkin pie!
DD looks so pretty peaking through the orchestra.
Good deals are great and great friends are even better!
Have a super week!!

The Davidson Den said...

Great job shopping! I love Kohl's for their great deals (and Kohl's Cash).

Pumpkin pie is funny. I like it. But only one slice per year. More than that, and I begin to DISlike it. (I know. I'm weird.) I'd gobble up a slice of apple pie three times a day 7 days a week if I could!

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter