God's Word for Today

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Inventory...

IMG_1381 IMG_1380

Some days the planets align in proper order and I am able to achieve certain levels of organization. Other days the universe goes spinning off kilter and there is no hope of getting from point a to point be in a straight line.

This morning I have experienced what can only be decided as one of my clearer moments, hormonally speaking.

I was able to give my pantry and freezer contents the once over and make a detail inventory of both. I tossed out the 7 bags of frozen leftover pancakes that had an inch of freezer burn on them and removed an old bag of ice that had been in there since July.

With pen and notepad in hand I made a twp page list of the contents.

IMG_4506

Baring any sudden and prolonged power loss we have enough food to last us possibly until Armageddon.

I am now off to the grocery store with a meager list of milk, eggs and bread and a few other perishable items that can not be stored up until the end of time.

Needless to say I will find it difficult to restrain myself if I spy a few of my favorite red sticker in the meat section.

IMG_4214 

And I will give a blind eye as I pass the buy one get one free canned goods isle.

So y'all come on, I have enough food to feed all y'all! Just let me know your coming and I set an extra plate at the table!

 

Blessings

R

3 comments:

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Ugh. It seems like no matter how hard I try to stock up, I use it faster than I can buy it. These boys in my family eat like crazy...always hungry!

Your pantry looks awesome. It wouldn't last two days in my house, but it looks awesome. :-) Merry Christmas!

Skoots1moM said...

inspiring...well done!

Kathleen said...

Oh ... I am so guilty of pantry-hoarding. Every now-and-then I have to look a "pull dates', and PULL!

Love your sense of order. It inspires (AND makes me hungry).

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter