God's Word for Today

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thankful Thursday ~ My House is Quiet

My Disciple materials are spread out over the kitchen table awaiting me to begin for this weeks study. I am thankful for a successful orientation meeting yesterday. Our group is off to a great start and I am very optimistic that this study will be a blessing to all of us.

Before I dive in for this weeks study I find that as I sit in my quiet house I am thankful for several blessings.

My son had his family came for dinner last night. We don't get to see them nearly as much as we would like, but every opportunity I get to love on the grandbaby and them is a good one!

I got a culinary reprieve with multiple praises for the meat loaf I placed on the table for dinner, after the Dumpling Disaster it was a welcome sound to my ears.

Watching my granddaughter play in a big cardboard box. I cut two windows and a big door in the side and she had a wonderful time opening and closing the doors. It took her a few minute to warm up to the concept. After begin coaxed in by her aunt and daddy she finally decided that playing inside the box was a fun thing to do.

IMG_3981

I am enjoying the last few visit from the hummingbirds. The Cana lilies at my sunroom window are all but spent and in a very few days they will be all gone and with their disappearance the humming birds will head for other parts looking for their sustenance. I will miss them but I have been very thankful for the dally visits and their tiny iridescent bodies and their erratic flight pattern.

I am thankful to the quiet of the moment.

My body had not quiet adjusted to the new morning routine just yet. But getting an early start on the day has been a blessing.

I am thankful that the run-off elections are over, for now anyway and my answering machine will not get filled up each day with political solicitations.

Lastly I am thankful for the fact that it is Thursday. My small group meets tonight and that is always a wonderful way to end the day!

 

Blessings Y’all

For more Thankful Thursday head over to Greg’s General Store and link up!

R

5 comments:

Skoots1moM said...

what fun you had...
so what came in that big box?

Robin Lambright said...

Alas...nothing new and shinny for me. The Hubs got a new tool box for the garage...Whoo to the Hoo...not so much!

Christian Magoncia said...

Our loving families would indeed remind of God's faithfulness in our lives. It gives us more reason to thank HIM everyday.

Btw, I just followed you! Can you add me please?

You can see my entry here:
http://superyan23.blogspot.com/2010/08/east-west-review-lecturers.html

SandwichINK Real Estate Info said...

Hi I popped over from Greg's General Store and so enjoyed the visit. Don't those boxes make for fun activities for grandparents and their grandchildren? :) We've enjoyed our share as well and yours brought back such delightful family memories :)

Have a blessed week.

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

Robin:

Your post just reminds me of one of our very best memories... a huge box that we pulled the grandkids around in, and cut out windows like you did, and let them draw on it and make it into their 'home'... not expensive toy has brought any moore fun than the box, except for the plastic laundry basket that just wore me out, pulling them all over he house to loud shrieks of joy on their part!! :)

Hugs!

Sonja

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter