God's Word for Today

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Project 365 ~ Week 29 and 30

Project 365 button designed by http://richgift.blogspot.com

At least I think it’s week 29 and 30. My mind is a fuzzy blur with all the activity over the last few days. Since I was not able to post this past Sunday my 365 for this week will be a “two-fer” so hang on for an extended edition of 365.

Sunday, July 11,

We have been in the process of dong some organizing at least where the garage and back yard are concerned. A few project 365’s ago I shared with you about the installation of a garden shed in our back yard. Well with the addition of the new storage space in the back yard we have been able to do some purging in the garage as well. We spent the day clearing out the garage and now it actually looks like a garage. I share all this with you not to show you a picture of how great our garage looks now but to give you a look into my latest new project which came as a result of all our cleanliness.

When I was in high school and in my younger days of my marriage before the children came. I use to paint quite a bit.

I had a very large stack of old canvases that were sitting out in the garage literally gathering dust. It really is amazing at the things you look back on and the things you remember. As I was sorting through this rather large and dusty collection of canvases I managed to set aside several that I felt were worth keeping. However I had several canvasses that just needed to be put out of their misery. I brought them all in the house and gave them all a nice wash down and I made the comet to the hubs that I had a good mind to run out to the store and get some supplies and just start painting again.

IMG_3741

To my shock he said “you out to just throw down some carpet or something on the floor in the sun room and set up a small studio.”

Well given my husbands proclivity for neatness and I was a bit shocked that he had even suggested this. I did however seize that day and launched ahead with my plan. I cleared out a small space in our never used dinning room and rolled out some old vinyl flooring (which was also discovered in our garage purge) and set up my make shift studio.

I quickly dashed out the the hobby lobby for some supplies. After I recovered from the sticker shock of just how much a small tube of acrylic paint is I forged ahead with getting some of the canvases primed and ready.

IMG_3743

Monday, July 12,

Monday morning I had a date with the veggies at the co-op garden. Me, myself and I and another gentlemen picked almost 90 pounds of fresh veggies for the local co-op.

 IMG_3744

The produce filled dup the entire back of my car.

IMG_3745

I drove it over the our co-op. Y’all I had never been to the co-op before and it was kinda neat to have the full circle kinds of experience.

IMG_3747

Tuesday, July 13

I am about half way through with the priming.

IMG_3750

It has been over 15 years since I even picked up a pencil to sketch anything. I decide to begin with a few preliminary sketch before diving into a canvas full stream ahead. I wend through some of my vacation pictures for our past trips and pulled out some of the more memorable photo's and just kinda doodled getting my fingers used to the idea again.

I also worked on a few pencil sketches of my DD which did not turn out to bad, but you gota start somewhere!

IMG_3749

Wednesday, July 14

The tomatoes are just beginning to ripen.

IMG_3751

Thursday, July 15

We were down by half!

My small group meets on Thursday evening and it was just me a skoots1mom so we went to our favorite coffee shop which just happens to be right around the corner from my house. The man that owns the Coffee Shoppe is very sweet and he makes a mean low fat decaff mocha frappe that is to die for!

Skoots indulged and we shared a banana cupcake which was pretty awesome as well!

IMG_3758

Friday, July 16

It was a domestic day on the home front. I had made a trip to the H Mart and every time I go there I keep passing by the ox tails in the meat section. Well I did not pass them by this trip. I snatch out a hefty package and called the dd and had her read me the recipe over the phone to make sure I had all the ingredient in my basket before I left he store.

Y’all they were so good. It is defiantly a keeper.

IMG_3764

I have learned my lesson.

At the H Mart they sell these small containers of peeled garlic. I love it.

However most times I usually end up tossing a good bit of it out. This time I thought I would try something different. I emptied half of the container out onto a sheet pan and tossed it with olive oil and set it to roast in the oven.

45 minutes later and a small mason jar full of olive oil and now I have a nice stash of roasted garlic at my disposal in the refrigerator anytime I should decide to use it!

IMG_3760     

Saturday, July 17

After pricing artist easels at the hobby lobby and deciding that I did not want to spend $150.00 for one I began to to a bit of research on the internet.

Don't y'all just love it. After a few minute I had some free building plans for a very simple easel in my hot little hand. Over the oxtail stew I handed the plans to the husband and he looked over the plans and announced “I  think I can do that!”

Y’all I have the best husband. The very next day he came home from his small men's groups with the supplies sticking out of the back of his car.

IMG_3766

It will be so nice to get off the floor. I can’t wait to get started.  When all was said and done I think we got this puppy done for under $40.00! I like that a whole lot better than $150.00!!!!

IMG_3769

After all our hard work assembling the easel (it really was a very simple project y’all) I rewarded us all with a nice peach cobbler.

IMG_3770

Sunday, July 18

My favorite time of the summer.

Campmeeting, Saturday after we finished the easel project I packed up all my campmeeting stuff and went out to set  up house at the campgrounds.

I have to share with y’all, I had been listening to all the plans that have been happening over that last few months of some of the improvement out at the campground. I was a bit skeptical and a bit fearful in a ‘Let’s not mess with tradition” kind of way, however I will say that I have never seen the campground look more beautiful.

It was beautiful, but it was one of the hottest campmeeting weeks that I can remember.

Hot, Hot Hot! I don't thing we had a day under 90 and with the heat index we were topping 105!

My sweet little muffin head had this wonderful grass to run around on, and y’ll she bout ran my bohunkis off. That’s all she did. When her little feet hit the ground she took off like a shot.

Run was the word for the week!

IMG_3780 IMG_3773

Monday, July 19

Monday night we actual had a traditional “Call to Worship” just like the Israelites of long ago. Sitting under the tabernacle and listening to the shofar blow was a deep and meaningful experience.

IMG_3832

Tuesday, July 20

Tuesday Morning Service 07-20-2010

Each day we have a morning bible study at 9:30 and then an 11:00 a.m. worship service. Before the little once head off the the children program they spend time with us under the arbor. It is so fun to watch them all yelling there little heads off shouting out hymn request to our choir director.

The young and the old all under one tabernacle all worshiping together. It just is my favorite thing in all the world.

 IMG_3843 IMG_3845

The Tuesday evening meal is the culinary highlight of the week. No that the food is not wonderful all week long but Tuesday night is JOY Class night. The Joy class is the older adult class that had been around forever and is close to 90 member strong. Well there is always an abundance of wonderful food but on Joy Class night the tables seem to be filled to over flowing.

It was wonderful y’all I just wish all y’all could have shared in it with me!

IMG_3855

Wednesday, July 21

Are we special or what?

Moses came to help out with the children's sermon on Wednesday evening!

IMG_3870

Thursday, July 22

My DD enlisted the help of her girl pack to corral the grandchild, she was still in running mode.

 IMG_3882 IMG_3883

I love so much about campmeeting.

My cabin is just directly behind the arbor and in the evenings after all have made there way back home those of us that say the night will gather out in front of the cabins in our chairs and just talk and listen the the crickets.

The middle schooler's arrive on Tuesday afternoon and each evening they gather for there special worship time. They sing and worship together. The sound of their youthful worship just drifts down to us as we are sitting under the oak trees in front of my cabin.

It just doesn't get much better than that in my opinion.

IMG_3906 

Friday, July 23

Is there anything sweeter that watching a groups of young ones at the alter?

At the close of our morning worship these young ladies all made there way up to the alter together and all knelt together to pray. I was so moved by watching these young ladies who will no doubt one day teach there children to do the very same thing.

It just about broke my heart with tenderness.

IMG_3922 

This in the cabin that I stay in.  Myself and the smiling face in the yellow shirt have been sharing this cabin since 2004 when they had to tear our old cabin down. I was sad to see it go but I think the only thing that was holding that old cabin together was the Holy Spirit. IMG_3924  Just some silly-ness!

Oh to be young and carefree. Don't ya just remember those day of hanging with your gal pal’s and having that silly summer fun?IMG_3926  

Saturday, July 24

The youth end campmeeting (let me just say that I do not attend this all nighters, I am safely and snugly sleeping during al this merriment) with an all night lock in at a local arcade. So after an evening of putt putt golf, arcade games and bumper cars we drag ourselves home early on Saturday morning and hastily unpack the car and then fall into bed for a short nap.

I did reward myself with a spur of the moment decision to go and get a pedicure. Y’all my feet were so tired after pounding around in al that sawdust. It was good y’all!

IMG_3933

After my pedicure I just shut my eyes and handed over the credit card to the cashier at the Hobby Lobby and bought some acrylic paints and a few paint brushed. It wasn't really that horribly expensive but I just have a clear memory of how much I used to pay for a small tube of paint.

I have to tell ya it just ain't that way any more.

So with my supplies at the ready I hope to be able to have some time this next week to get started. Y’all just pray that the end result will not be to tragic!

IMG_3934 

Well that’s it for my marathon two week edition of project 365.

Now that Campmeeting is behind me the summer will pretty much begin to wind down seeing as school starts in just a few weeks. My hope is that things will begin to return to something that resembles normal.

 

For more 365 fun y’all head over to Sara’s and link up!

Blessings

R

5 comments:

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

I haven't been by for awhile and it was such fun to 'visit' with you today! What a great campmeeting!! I just love that... it brings back a lot of similar memories.

And the painting and your new 'studio'... good for you! I can't wait to see some of the results.

hugs!

Sonja

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

I haven't been by for awhile and it was such fun to 'visit' with you today! What a great campmeeting!! I just love that... it brings back a lot of similar memories.

And the painting and your new 'studio'... good for you! I can't wait to see some of the results.

hugs!

Sonja

Tori said...

So good to "see" you back! Your sketches are amazing! Can't wait to see what all you are going to do with your talent. And, kudos to your husband for encouragin you!
Camp is great, isn't it? I too, love old and young coming together. God is so very good!!
Love the running pictures! She is just at that age, isn't she?
Have a super week and enjoy your studio time!!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Boy, you have been one busy gal! Glad you are having a great summer. That camp meeting looked fun! And I can't wait to see your paintings. Please share with us. Love & blessings from NC!

Rebecca Jo said...

oh wow... SO many great pictures...

but yep, that one with the youth at the alter praying, on their knees, about made me smile & cry at the same time... so precious!

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter