God's Word for Today

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Project 365 ~ Week 28

Project 365 button designed by http://richgift.blogspot.com

Well needless to say when I looked back at my post archives my last Project 365 post was on Week 24 and now we are on to Week 28. I am willing to cut myself some slack as there are 1300 plus photographs I am still weeding though that I took on our vacation. I still have several posts awaiting the final touches in my drafts that will be coming up in the next few days.

I know y’all are dying to see all 1300 (NOT), so I am trying to pick only the most wonderful to share with  all of you!

Well since I no longer have the excuse of recovering from vacation I will forge ahead into normalcy and jump right back in with this weeks 365.

Sunday, July 4

Well with us just having stepped off the plane less that 48 house before we chose to spend the morning lounging at home. A HUGE departure for us. I can’t remember the last time we intentionally skipped worship. We were all exhausted so we just stayed to home and enjoyed a leisurely brunch. I made a huge plate of scrambled eggs, hash browns with roasted red peppers, bacon, raisin toast and cantaloupe and orange juice.

It was good y’all!

IMG_3708

Monday, July 5

My garden survived my absence under the care of two of my closest friends. I came home to find a few ears of corn (which was a huge disappointment I might add!!!) and several cucumbers waiting for me in the frig.

IMG_3710

The gardener who is in charge so to speak over at the co-op garden told me that my poor producing corn crop was likely due to my inexperience and the fact that I did not lay any fertilizer down before I planted it. Live and learn. I will say that I have not had the success in my garden that I did last year. My green peppers have not really done well. My zucchini I just finally pulled out of the grounds it was covered in nasty little bugs and all the blossoms were dropping of  and I got not one single zucchini off of it. The cucumbers are the only thing that are producing and I am anticipating a ripe tomatoes in a few days.

I have found myself over that last few day with a growing respect for those of long ago who spent many long hours day after day toiling way in their garden to insure their families survival. It boggles the mind to think that the success or failure of my veggie patch would mean that my family world go to be hungry. Thankfully there is always a trip to the grocery store close at hand and we have staved off starvation for another week!

Tuesday, July 6

No pictures today…and looking back on the day I can’t even remember anything eventful that happen that was picture worthy.

Wednesday, July 7

Isn’t this just the very picture of summer. A sweet grandbaby and ice cold watermelon enjoyed on the patio. In my book it doesn't get any better that this!

IMG_3713

Thursday, July 8

Again no pictures. I guess it takes a bit  longer to get back into the swing of 365 than I expected. 

Friday, July 9

Friday morning I drove out to the co-op garden to help with the picking. You can click here to read all about our latest harvest.

  Copy of IMG_3728 Copy of IMG_3732  IMG_3738

Saturday, July 10

On the town square (not the town square where I live but just a few miles down the road) they have a weekly farmers market. One of my friends has been a weekly attendee to this market for some time. All last summer I kept saying and actually planning to try and make it over there on a Saturday morning. The market opens at 8:00 AM and runs until 12:00 or 1:00 so you have to get there early to get the best produce. Well given the pitiful state of my veggie patch I forced myself out of bed early and grabbed my shipping bags and headed to town!

P1007100000

It isn’t just veggies though. There were venders there selling homemade bread (mine is better I thought) fresh pasta, some plants and flowers, there was a civic group selling g cook books and there were a few venders selling coffee and cold drinks.

I may just haul myself out of bed next Saturday for another trip. I came home with a watermelon, green beans, tomatoes and a few ears of corn. I was less than impressed with the corn but everything else was very good!

IMG_3740

Well for having been away for a while this was not as painful as I anticipated.

Vacations are wonderful but getting back to the normal and the familiar are good too!

Thanks for stopping by.

For more Project 365 y’all head over to Sara’s and join in on the fun!

Blessing

R

3 comments:

Tori said...

Welcome back..you were missed! Can't wait to see your vacation shots!!
That breakfast looks delicious! That could lead me to worship. :)
Love the grandbaby with the watermelon! Perfect summer shot!
Have a super week!!

riTa Koch said...

I just had to go through a whole string of posts to see all the gorgeous vacation pics so far! You've done a superb job photographing and processing the experience.
We almost made it to Yellowstone last October, but then had car trouble. Never been to Las Vegas.
But you make even an ordinary week look great!
Thanks.

The Davidson Den said...

Oh, that breakfast!!!! looks. amazing!!! Come to my house tomorrow a.m.?????

Sorry about your corn and the other things that haven't grown the way you had hoped. Maybe you can learn all the "what-not-to-do's" for ME so that when we finally get our "land" and start our garden, you can school me and help me avoid heartache. ;)

I adore the baby-eating-watermelon picture. So very sweet!!

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter