God's Word for Today

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Project 365 ~ Week 22

Apologies for being so late in posting this today, but y’all I just had the very best nap in the history of Sunday afternoon naps. It was great!

Now that I have shaken off the fog of a deep and restful sleep I’m ready to get at my week in pictures.

Sunday, May 23

I woke up early Sunday morning to this.  A thick blanket of fog!

IMG_2079 

Monday, May 24

My Veggie Patch is full of  Zucchini Squash Blossom’s

IMG_2082

Tuesday, May 25

Happy Tootsies!

IMG_2099

Wednesday, May 26

My Girl Child is a happy camper. The Last Day of Middle School!

 IMG_2108

Dinner at our favorite restaurant to celebrate! I had my usual Veggie Plate, Creamy Mashed Potatoes, Stewed Tomatoes, Green Beans with a small side salad and a piece of Corn Bread. It did not disappoint!

IMG_2112

I love these rockers out front!

IMG_2111

 

Thursday, May 27

My husband was returning from a month long business trip so I was in cleaning mode all day Thursday. I swept, mopped, dusted, vacuumed, cleaned the bathrooms, cleaned the kitchen and went to the grocery store and wal mart for last minute supplies for the DD mission trip to Mexico.  In all the hurry and blurry of the day I totally forget to grab the camera.

clip_image002clip_image002[7]clip_image002[5] 

Friday, May 28

YEA!!! My Husband is finally home! We were sitting outside in the back yard enjoying our morning coffee and several of these lovely little birds came to join us. They sat on the fence for quite some time.

IMG_2129 

Saturday, May 29

Saturday morning we dropped our Girl Child off at church. They headed off to Mexico bright and early Saturday morning. I covet your prayer for my Girl Child as she serves in the mission field. I am so thankful that especially during these teenage years that she still has the desire to look past herself and answer that call of service the Christ has put in her heart!

Can you say proud momma?

IMG_2132-1

Well after over a month the hubs and I finally got to have our date night. We went to dinner at an expensive steak house. We had never been to this restaurant before but as soon as we walked din the door we knew it was gonna cost us. The atmosphere was very nice and the steaks were cook very well and the service was excellent, but every now and again it’s ok to pay more that $6.00 for a dinner entre! After dinner we went to the Mall for a movie. We saw Date Night on our Date Night, kinda cheesy I know! Funny movie! Some bad language and a few kinda raunchy parts but overall not to bad!

It was a good Date Night! We really needed it!

I followed through on my intention and we stopped at the grocery store on the way home and bought a bottle of champagne and dusted off our wedding glassed and had a celebratory toast to our 28 years together.

IMG_2140IMG_2144 -1  

At dinner we could not help but take a very long trip down memory lane.

A long time a go in a galaxy far far away, in a land before digital photography and project 365 a baby boy was born.

Happy 21st Birthday My Beloved

IMG

They go from this to this so very fast!

IMG_0004_1

Happy Birthday to my grown up boy!

Well that’s it for me for this week! For more Project 365 y’all head over to Sara’s!

Blessings

R

4 comments:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Wow, you had a great week!! Congratulations to you and your husband on your anniversary. That is wonderful!!! Praying that your daughter has a very meaningful trip to Mexico. My daughter went to Mexico on a mission trip several years ago and they built a house for a family. She loved the experience. Hope the rest of your weekend is enjoyable! Love & blessings from NC!

Rebecca Jo said...

HOLY COW - that is some dense fog right there!!!

That restaurant looks like it would have some good ole country food! MMMM - creamy mashed potatoes... I can taste the butter in them already! :)

Tori said...

So glad that your hubby is back home and that you had a nice celebration! Congrats!!
How awesome that your daughter is on the mission trip. How long will she be gone? Will be praying for her safety and for her to experience Jesus in ways she never imagined!
Have a super week!!

The Davidson Den said...

Whoa. That IS some thick fog!!

Pretty garden and pretty toes.

So glad your husband made it back and y'all got to go on your date night. It's so important to have that time together. I'm currently arranging some special time with my hubby. Hopefully, I can surprise him!

By the grace of God, you've raised your Girl Child right. She'll never be the same after her trip. And that's a good thing.

And happy birthday to your boy. All grown up. Loved his tiny baby pic!!

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter