So here is my contribution to this weeks Randomness!
1. What is your favorite sign of Spring?
This! When the tiny green shoots start poking their heads out of the ground I get just giddy with excitement!
2. Did you remember to spring forward on March 14? If not, how did it impact your day?
I did not remember to do it, but I have an automatic clock that updates all by it’s self. So Sunday morning when I woke up and remembered that we had forgot to set the clocks ahead I was thankful for my little bedside alarm clock. It even gives me the temperature outside and projects it on the wall so I can see it in the wee hours of the morning.
3. If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what vegetable would you plant in a garden this year?
In fact I am heading over to some kind of outdoor store this coming weekend to get the necessary soil amendments to begin prepping my veggie garden. This year I am going to plant more tomatoes, green peppers, cucumbers, sweet peppers and zucchini. I will plant green beans again and maybe even a row of corn down the middle. I am also branching out and have made a small spot for an herb garden. I have already got my rosemary planted and I will do what ever herbs I can get my hands on this year as well.
4. If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what fruit would you plant?
If I had the space I would love to plant cantaloupe and watermelons!!!!
5. What is your least favorite insect?
In the house ants and flies, in the garden those nasty flat brown stink bugs or what ever you call them and aphids.
6. March 22 was World Water Day. To celebrate, here are some water questions. Do you drink bottled water? If so, what brand?
I very rarely drink bottle water, good ole tap water is fine for me.
7. Have you ever been somewhere that it was not safe to drink the local water? If so, how did you handle that?
We have been to certain Caribbean resort areas but most of the larger hotels all take precautions to make sure that the water is safe to drink for their paying customers. I did however have a very unpleasant experience once while in Cancun on a day trip on a small glass bottom boat that will forever be etched in my memory, it was not fun!
8. How many glasses of water do you drink per day?
In a perfect world 8 –8 oz glasses, on a normal day maybe 16 or more ounces of just plain water. I drink lots of fluids but sadly I have struggled with maintaining the recommend amount of water per day for a very long time. I hear folks all the time saying things like “Oh your body will adjust to the increased fluid intake!” Well I hate to break it to ya, but not everyone has a bladder the size of Lake Erie! If I drink the recommended amount of water I am in the bathroom almost once an hour, it kinda puts a big crimp in your day if ya know what I mean. OK now I'm thirsty and have to get a drink of water.
9. March 24 is the birthday of Harry Houdini. Have you ever watched a professional magic show? Share.
I am a HUGE David Copperfield fan. My husband has gotten me tickets to go see him several times for birthday or anniversary gifts. I just love him. It just boggles the mind. I saw him fly around inside a glass box and then around on the stage for several minutes. All the while you are thinking that you really do know that people can not fly but y’all this guy flew! Just beyond description. If you ever have the chance to go see him do it!
10. Have you ever been a participant in a professional magic show (up on stage!)?
No but would totally love to do that!
Movie Hound here, so yea I love westerns. My favorites are the oldies but goodies. I love “The Searchers” or “The Cowboys” but then I also love the newer ones as well. “Silverado” was a great film, “Conager” and “Quigley Down Under” I few months ago I found “Lonesome Dove” some station was showing it again and I got to watch it from start to finish. Loved it!
12. (Really random) What U.S. state that you've never visited would you like to visit someday?
We are planning a trip to the Grand Canyon this summer and I am totally excited about that. I would also love to go to New England area and Washington D.C.
Well that’s it for me!
Y’all head over to Southlakesmom and give the rest of the Random Dozen participants a look see!