God's Word for Today

Friday, February 12, 2010

Breathing a sigh of relief…at least a little bit anyway and Friday Fill-In

Thankfully I am feeling a bit better. I managed to shower, wash my hair and actually get out of my bathrobe on Thursday. I cooked for the first time yesterday, chicken chili which was good.

Today I feel almost normal. I still have a slight cough and a bit of the sniffles.

The world returned to normal very quickly as I have a few loads of laundry yet to do and since I am back in the land of the living I now have to think of what to cook for supper again tonight.

Why oh why does my family insist in easting on a regular basis????

The weather people are all in a tizzy in these parts as we are currently under a winter weather advisory. Some of the schools in the southern areas of the state have already been closed and they are predicting the snow to hit later this afternoon.

Never fear, I am prepared with an extra gallon of milk, and unopened container of coffee, plenty of coffee creamer, hot cocoa mix, mini marshmallows and lots chicken noodle soup to last for a good long while.

Wish us luck y’all!

It could be a record breaker, we may get more than an inch (LOL)!

 

and now for a Friday Fill - In

1. Pickles are not my favorite, I don't like dill pickles but I do enjoy a sweet pickle!
2. If the snow comes I will be glad that I am at home.
3. The snow is in our forecast and I am waiting to see if it will actually come!

4. I find God at His most creative and awesomeness in nature.
5. It's 5:16 PM; that means I am cooking dinner.
6. Anything that I cant remember where I left (which happen all the time) is hard to find.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to spending a quiet evening with my husband and DD, tomorrow my plans include probably helping the hubs with the taxes (YIKES) and Sunday, I want to go to church, come home light a fire in the fire place make a nice hot cup of tea, take a really good nap, read some of my new book, heat up leftovers for supper and watch Food Network!

 

Blessings

R

2 comments:

Kim said...

Glad you're feeling better Robin! Enjoy the "blizzard of 2010" hahaha

T. Powell Coltrin said...

I think I see the closeness of God in nature more than say at the office because of the pureness of nature. We can't control it like we try to do with everything else.

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter