God's Word for Today

Monday, January 26, 2009

The Ugly Mug Contest...Eleven compelling (pleading) reasons why I should win! Vote for ME! Vote for Me NOW! Vote for me me ....no really vote for me!


In an effort to be systematic in laying out the best possible case for my winning the Ugliest Mug Contest I have several factors that, once you read, I feel certian will persuade you that I do have the ugliest mug.

1. I’m Hormonal and I think I deserve to win! (please pay careful attention to the fact that I have my sweater zipped all the way up to spare you all the truly frightening images of my neck, this compassionate gesture on my part should also be considered as you are casting your votes as well!)

2. My mug has a moose on it!
3. I’m Hormonal and I need this validation to feel like a worthy human being.
4. My mug also speaks a foreign language.
I am not sure what it is saying as I do not speak Swedish but it proudly proclaims something of which I can not understand!
5. My mug has these lovely moose tracks down the handle of the mug.
6. My mug not only has one Moose on it, it has an entire moose family.

Here is Dad on the one side

And Mom and Baby moose on the other side.

7. My mug was in fact gift from my husband.
He took great care in selecting just the right memento to bring back to me from Sweden (countless second in the airport gift shop prior to boarding the plane to be sure) to add to my collection of travel mugs.

8. This mug no doubt traveled the furthest as Sweden is 4580.8 miles away from my home.

9. I feel that extra points should in fact be added as I actually took the time to look up on the Internet exactly how many miles it is from Sweden to my home.


10. I’m hormonal and I deserve to win and did I mention I’m hormonal and I deserve to win!

11. Lastly and most importantly, and this one I feel in all honesty is critical to the very nature of the "Ugly Mug Contest" ideals is the fact that I actually owned my ugly mug at the time of the contest.

I did not need to do an exhaustive search of the local goodwill or thrift shop. I was willing to throw open the cabinet doors and allow complete and total unhindered access to the hidden recesses of my kitchen cabinets.

Yes! I own an ugly mug and I am proud to show it off.

I even drink out of it from time to time so with won't feel slighted or have an inferiority complex about being ugly.

So there you have it eleven compelling, pleading, begging, forceful, persuasive and undeniable reason why I feel I should win this contest.

You may now stop what you are doing and immediately go over to 2nd Cup of Coffee and vote for me.


Blessings

Robin

14 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Robin, I would give you 1,000 points for all of the very compelling reasons you just listed, not the least being the tracks on the handle or "mug that traveled the farthest," although some of the uglies were perhaps manufactured in China? We'll never know. You are the first claimant to that title of most exotic locale mug. Thanks for playing along!

Marsha said...

I seriously thought about promising each entrant to vote for their mug if they would vote for mine but figured my guilt would be as obvious as a stain on a blue dress... so I'm simply here to grovel.

Oh my... it's getting tougher and tougher as the competition wears on... how on earth can I compete with a foreign ugly mug? I'm thinking it might be an illegal ugly mug... was it brought into the states with proper ugly mug credentials, that sort of thing... ya know... I've just got to find an angle here!

Seriously, this has been a truly fun competition and I think you really do have a very ugly mug.

Marsha

ps... I think I've passed hormonal and now I'm just old and cranky... you could improve my mood if you would just vote for my mug! lol

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen said...

You win major point for #11. Yes.
Hormones? Sorry. This doesn't win me over. Kinda' sounds like a "Twinkie Defense" (I'm a former legal-professional.Prosecution Side. Sorry.)
But you will be glad to know that I place your ugly mug on the short list with Darlene @HaveYouSeenMyKeys.....
Good LUCK!
Very funny post.

a Tonggu Momma said...

I almost went to Goodwill, but instead became Worst Mother In The World by sharing a mug that my daughter, the Tongginator, made for me. I am evil.

Your mug is... umm... quite mousy... I mean, moosey.

MamaTeeThree said...

Okay, the moose tracks on the handle really cracked me up!

All these ugly mugs are making me feel a little hopeless about my entry! Ack!

Cyndy said...

Okay what you need to go with that mug is a muffin because....If You Give A Moose a Muffin....I don't know how ugly I can say it is since I'm to a Swede and being Norwegian myself it could cause...err...problems?

Cyndy said...

Sorry...I'm married to a Swede...does that clear up the last comment?

Skoots1moM said...

you know me...i couldn't stand not knowing something about what it said...so,
Alces alces, is the largest extant species in the deer family.
Glen Elchaig. Kintail, Highland, Scotland
(so it may be gaelic instead of swedish)
gr8 post!!

Susanne said...

Too funny. I almost bought a mug at the second hand store with a moose on it that said Merry Christmoose. LOL. It wouldn't have competed with this one though.

Lois said...

I think I am just going to have to say thanks for all the participating people in this contest. I am having a very interesting day. Don't know how I can even vote with so many good entries. If I could I would just help pay the cost and let everyone be a winner.
Lois

Becky said...

Hormonal. LOL! Aren't we all? ;-) I actually really like mooses. I use them in my home decor and I have a huge print of one in my room. I do not kid. So if your ugly mug ever needs a new home... my door is open. :-D

Terri Tiffany said...

Wow--I think you ought to really win with that plea!:))0

Edwina at The Picket Fence said...

Let me just tell you about 'hormonal' :) The moose is actually cute and deserves a place on your mantel don't you think?

Phyllis@Aimless Conversation said...

I actually think your mug is quite charming. Although, I wouldn't hang moose on my wall or anything...

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter