God's Word for Today

Thursday, January 8, 2009

It Bloomed....at Last

I am not a plant person. In fact I now have the grand total of two house plants that I have been able to keep alive for several years, this statement in itself is proof of a real miracle that they are in fact still alive. 

A dear friend gave me a Christmas cactus last year. I have managed to keep it alive and was shocked the other day to see small red buds forming at the ends of the plant.

Excitement does not begin to describe how I feel each day as I have chronicled the progression of the growth. I will admit to my growing anticipation and just a bit of amazement as I watched the tiny red buds get a bit bigger every day.

Friday, December 21th, 2008

Tuesday, December 30th, 2008

Wednesday, December 31st, 2008


Thursday, January 1st, 2009


Wednesday January 2nd, 2009


Monday, January 5th, 2009


Tuesday, January 6th, 2009

Wednesday, January 7th, 2009



Thursday, January 8th, 2009



At last it bloomed!

I am so excited!!!!!

Blessings
Robin

5 comments:

Patrice and Higgins said...

Congratulations, it's beautiful!

Rachelle said...

Lovely ;)

Skoots1moM said...

mine had all those pods, and they are now falling off without blooming...yuck!

Terri Tiffany said...

Robin, They are some beautiful flowers! Thanks for showing them to us:)) I'd be thrilled too!

betty said...

beautiful and I loved the pictures of watching it bloom from start to finish; sadly, I too am not a plant person

enjoy the weekend

betty

All Rights Reserved

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Christian Women Online

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Site Meter